• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Dedicated server Hosting

Gregor

Reaction score
Hello!
I want ask is this server will be good for real map 200 people onlne at the same time?
Map: 80mb
Server: TFS

Info:
Processor: Intel Core2Duo 2x 2.66+ GHz 4 MB L2 - FSB 1066 MHz
Architecture: 64 bits
RAM: 4 GB DDR2
Hard disk: 2x 750 GB
Disk type: SATA2 - RAID 0/1
Connection: 100 Mbps
System: Debian or Windows Server 2003 SP2

If you need anymore information just tell me.

r15871.ovh.net-if_eth0-day.png

We have 200+~ people online ;x

Running debian with dualcore AMD cpu, 2gb ram.

As you can see, upload never goes above 8mbit/s...

PS: Most comp "techs" are rather idiots so...

@Znote: From when we measure CPU size in hertz? I thought we only use that for speed measurements :O

Sorry, my bad :p

Who knows, for 30 years ago, im sure they was proud of saying that their processor could fill a house! :D

As we see on your statesticks, you don't need a super network, but being able to eat some DoS attacks are fine. :) (looks like you had a very short while of huge traffic of 19MB).

Last edited:
you're wrong :( Ask my old players... I had 380 on with not too much lagg, 250 on goes smooth for the players, but it makes it impossible for me to play with a decent fps.. dont beleive me? test my serv when it comes back on..

and to the one who said that "net is almost everything", you are totally wrong.
To have a tibia character connected to your system takes a few few kb's of your connection.. What you need is cpu that can handle many tasks and 1k+ ram is enough for 300 players if you aint gonna use the computer to other things while hosting...

Those who buy 381383 sick computer for tibia hosting is just silly, ofc if you gonna play CS or something while hosting it will help, but just for hosting, a total waste.

1 gb of ram is enough for 300 players?
Are you kidding me?

My computer has 4GB's.
People complain about lag with 20-40 online...

Its the internet no?
THATS MY WHOLE POINT...lol

Edit:
Last night I took a look at some servers that were being sold.
I'm actually thinking about buying a server myself.
Although it was $20,000+/-
Lmfao. Credit Card Please?

1 gb of ram is enough for 300 players?
Are you kidding me?

My computer has 4GB's.
People complain about lag with 20-40 online...

Its the internet no?
THATS MY WHOLE POINT...lol

Edit:
Last night I took a look at some servers that were being sold.
I'm actually thinking about buying a server myself.
Although it was $20,000+/-
Lmfao. Credit Card Please?

Note that if your still an XML noob you deserve your lag.

We are getting into a new generation of SQL. Fix console errors, and a stable network and you won't have any lag.

(im not saying you are).

But you really gotta have some problems with lag on 20 - 40 players with an SQL server. LOL

Playing on same comp as server comp? Or virus?

I just got it as a gift last month, its a decent computer.
HELL NO, im not useing XML.
MySQL All the Way!

shouldnt be a virus...got any ideas?

Booting Up My Comp.

When my login screen pops up,
its sometimes half black, half login.
Then it clears up...Virus?
Then I login xd

And your getting lag with 20 - 40 players online? give remote access to me and i will look at it. Since I feel it VERY strange that your getting lag like that.

I managed 100 players online on my server, with windows xp + remix rl map (only 30mb map0), on a 1GB RAM 1.8ghz computer without lag.

you're wrong :( Ask my old players... I had 380 on with not too much lagg, 250 on goes smooth for the players, but it makes it impossible for me to play with a decent fps.. dont beleive me? test my serv when it comes back on..

and to the one who said that "net is almost everything", you are totally wrong.
To have a tibia character connected to your system takes a few few kb's of your connection.. What you need is cpu that can handle many tasks and 1k+ ram is enough for 300 players if you aint gonna use the computer to other things while hosting...

Those who buy 381383 sick computer for tibia hosting is just silly, ofc if you gonna play CS or something while hosting it will help, but just for hosting, a total waste.

Well said Petter!

I wasnt talking about mbits.
I meant his upload speed...

Im thinkin of kilobytes lol...

and the computer tech isnt an idiot,
im thinkin of the wrong thing lol.

But my whole point is that internet speed is more important than your CPU.
Although the CPU plays an important role.

By reading your first two sentences I am making an idea that you have zero knowledge of networking and computers :huh:

Also, cpu is important too, as TFS is database hungry and that makes mysqld go fuxx0r <_<
(Goes to talk to talaturen and elf)

@Tufte: It takes more, if you are constantly moving, the map gets updated, and it isn't very small, multiply this by 300 and you have a not so small number.. also every movement of a creature, all the chat messages, effects, bla bla; It sums up ;)

@Justin: You are probably running vista with more bloatware that has ever existed, downloading pr0n 24/7 via torrents without limits and playing tf2! My laptop has 4gbs of ram and rarely over 1gb is used on linux with few virtual machines and emulated cisco routers (simulating my own internet atm :wub:)... win

An older screenshot:
861-lol-windows.png

I bet it looks better than your vista :(

Last edited:
I think the problem is my internet
and the fact that I play on my server while hosting it Lol..

Im assuming thats all.
Thx.

Edit:
And I do know some networking.
Just made a mistake like every other human does...

Back
Top Bottom