• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated Server, How make it works?

Sasir

PrOGaMeR
Reaction score
Well so far i know its possible to host an ot on a dedicated server but HOW?

I got real map ot based on TFS. After i buy an dedicated server what shall i do as next? How to put my ot into dedicated server and how to run it there`?

If someone know something aobut it then please write it here. Cause its really interesting.

Depending on what company your using, they might got a filter, then you need to open the ports, or you'll have to ask for it.

Im using a dedicated server in netherland, had a few problems, but now its all smooth and my server is lag free ^^

Well so far i know its possible to host an ot on a dedicated server but HOW?

I got real map ot based on TFS. After i buy an dedicated server what shall i do as next? How to put my ot into dedicated server and how to run it there`?

If someone know something aobut it then please write it here. Cause its really interesting.

well if you choose windows os, you can do it all with windows remote destokp, it's an easy way, also you can upload the files too with ftp, FileZilla, for examplel.

if you're beginner you should use windows, but i recomend CentOs or any linux Os (more cheap than windows and ofc better.)

Download and compile TFS, upload your stuff through ftp, open a remote shell and start the server (in the background or with Screen, so that it doesn't close when your close your shell).

@Sasir, when you purchase a dedicated server they might give you some way to access to it, if the OS is windows you may have Remote Desktop Access, or if the OS is Linux SSH, take a look at my hosting company:

www.easygservers.com

Plans starting from $6.25

Back