• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Dedicated Server problems

XGRA

L33T
Reaction score
Well, my friend has a dedicated server located at his house, Im able to have access to it via VPS.

But anyways, the computer is running Windows Server 2008. We got all ports open but when I turn on the server nobody can log in.

Is it a router problem, or TFS dosen't work for Windows Server 2008?

Regards,

I am using Windows Server 2008, and I got no problems with it.

If you are using a company to host the computer for you, for an example LeaseWeb, you might have to ask them to open special ports for you, thats what I am doing.

Its probaly because leaseweb don't like ppl to do things like making a torrent server, since in many countries that is illegal. So they need to have a slightly controll on what you are using diffrent ports for.

Ports like 80, for apache, sql, remote access is allready open by default.

Last edited:
I am using Windows Server 2008, and I got no problems with it.

If you are using a company to host the computer for you, for an example LeaseWeb, you might have to ask them to open special ports for you, thats what I am doing.

Its probaly because leaseweb don't like ppl to do things like making a torrent server, since in many countries that is illegal. So they need to have a slightly controll on what you are using diffrent ports for.

And wich port's ae you useing?

Regards, HolmaN.

Hmm, if the players cant login in your server, and if it's not an company who hosts the server, just open the ports 7171/8080/3306 in your router and in your firewall. I don't know anything else, you should be able to host at the newest windows system anyway, I am doing that.. (Windows 2008)

I send leaseweb a message and ask them to open ports.

The ports I got open is:

7171, 7272, 7172, 7173 3868

my problem is that when i run the server all finish loading and when it sais "server is online" it crash :SSS using Tfs 0.3.4

Back