• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated Server Questions

Serginov

Onkonkoronkonk
Reaction score
Found some nice prices on dedicateds at LeaseWeb but I wanna know some stuff before I buy a dedicated.
I don't know much about computers so can someone explain the advantages, disadvantages, incompatibilities and compatibilities with all stuff needed to run an ot on(Kinda hard to find out about all of this on google):

CentOS 5
Debian 5
Ubuntu 10.04
Windows 2008 Web
Windows 2008 Standard
Windows 2008 Enterprise

Much I know, hehe!

PS: I don't know sh*t about any other OS than windows xp :p

Last edited:
I prefer you system Debian5, It's very popular in dedical serv And never u take dedical serwer of series Windows.

Regards,
Nubu

I wanted to know the advantages, disadvantages, incompatibilities and compatibilities. Not which OS I should choose.
Thanks anyway..

If you choose Windows, it's possible that you'll have to pay an additional amount monthly. In other words, renting servers with Linux distributions preinstalled is generally cheaper.

Back