• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated Server - Windows Server 2003-2008

guisalum

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm about to hire a dedicated server for my new upcomming OT and I'd like to know if Forgotten server is able to run on windows server?

I do have experience with server managements, I just need to know how well does forgotten runs on WS.

Is it better WS 2003 or 2008?

I'm planning on getting a Dual Core 2.1, 2gb Ram, 500GB HD, unlimited bandwidth with a 100mb/s link. How many players can this server hold more or less?

thank you!

I was thinking about esecuredata... do you think serverloft is a good option too?

thanks

If you got below 4GB of ram I'd reccommend Win2003 over 2008 (Unless its 2008 R2), since 2003 uses less ram for itself.

I have a dedicated server windows 2003 - 2008 but i did uopgraded so i have 3 - 4 gb RAM and some other stuff on it and then it works properly.

rep? :)

/Glidarn

Don't buy 4 Gb ram buy a Intel core Processor 2 quad or 2 duo then buy the 4 gb ram because if you have window xp you pc may have an old processor, and old processor don't support 4 gb ram u can buy them and add them up, but the processor wont let you use the 4 GB it will say 2.50 GB RAM. and if you use ADM then find the right one that support 4 gb + i have a 2 Quad processor Q9550 and it support 8 GB ram. Also, make sure that your motherboard support it before you but the Processor.

@zirokiller: doesn't make alot of sense...

OT:
The Forgotten Server supports Windows Server at least the 0.2.X versions did (haven't tested it with newer versions).

For the servers i have to agree with Rexxar,though WS 2003 will always be lighter (less resources used) than 2008 and since you don't need the functions of 2008 i'd say go for 2003!

windows server will run any windows executable (might some issue do to different versions or something; but generally this is true). You should have no problem hosting on either.

From what I've heard, Windows Server 2008 is the best one yet.

You say nothing about your server. I say 5k players with a tiny 1MB map without almost any scripts?

Back