• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Dedicated Server]

guisalum

Reaction score
Hello here,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with serverloft.com and vpsland.com

I'm about to hire one of them (either a VPS or a dedicated server) to host my upcomming OT.

Serverloft gives me a totally dedicated server 4GB ram, Quadcore, 500GB space + 5TB bandwidth for U$ 99,00/monthly

VPS land gives me a VPS with 3GB ram, 30GB HD, 1TB bandwidth for U$ 68,00 / monthly (being the first month 50% off.)

How many players do you guys think I can host without lag on a 40mb map with both servers? (both servers located at germany)

Has anyone had any experiences with any of these two? I have read some really bad reviews about VPSLand, but couldn't find many review about serverloft

Actually serverloft is good from my point of view, big servers like: softcores, icechaw etc are hosted there and i have had the pleasure to set few dedicates servers from that company and they are really good :p

BTW: I highly recommend you use debian xd

Hey Migxx

I'm not very familair with linux. I was thinking about WS 2008.

Why would you highly recommend debian?

Well on that case i would recommend you WS 2008, but still i prefer debian because first: is free, it performs better, the kernel got loads of feature but you need the knowladge to take advantage from that, is way more easy (when you know the os) to manage networking issues like DDoS, protection against noob floods etc, Is not a pain when you need to upgrade or update any kind of software like php or apache or even the os itself and a lot more that i cannot remember atm...

VPS enough for small server.

Hezner > theplanet > serverloft > ovh > any other.

I had experience with debian 5 1gb ram vps, 20mb map, 0 lag, 140 online.

Back