• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DedicatedOT WAR Revival - Need Mappers, and Gamemasters

Royalty

GrinchyGame
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am sure some of you are familar with me from projects such as DedicatedOT War, Deceptions Server, Goobers, and Core Series.. well I am here to revive one of which I had close connections in regards to mapping the entire thing by hand in the 2000's. Well, today I am here to come to you the community to say that I am coming back to recreate DEDICATEDOT WAR from scratch. This is a big feat for me to undertake alone which is why I am here to recruit for avid volunteers to begin with, there may be room for staff payments after server costs are covered.

Right now we are focused on two possible roles to fill for the project and those roles are, Mappers and Gamemasters. Both positions will be considered for payments after full release and server costs are covered. Other roles will be filled later once the world has been fully fleshed out.

Now, with all of this being said..
  • If you are applying to become a mapper please provide examples of your work and note that as a mapper you will be responsible for creating epic battlegrounds which will be used for player enjoyment and possibly other stuff as the Admins need.
  • If you are applying to become a gamemaster please provide references of your previous volunteer and/or paid work and a small summary of your knowledge of what it is to be a game moderator.

Application Template ( Please post on this thread, please do not private message me, your PM will be ignored )

RL Name: (Only first name)
Example of Work: (Mappers Only)
References: (Gamemasters/Mappers Only)
Extra Info: (Describe a little bit about yourself)

Staff members will be provided with a tool character to use, and based on their role they will be expected to use these characters accordingly. Any abuse of the tool character will result in immediate dismissal from staff and a replacement will be sought immediately.

PS: I am not BRUNO the original game creator, so things WILL be different and a hell of a lot more fair in terms of what will be possible in the game in comparison to the old game.

Thanks for reading and give this some thought as this is a serious project being undertaken by two close friends who wanted to recreate an amazing war server from scratch. If you are reading this thread and are interested in joining the project as a player before it even starts the BETA phase then please join our discord and await project announcements regarding the server:

Last edited:
Damn dude, were you part of DedicatedOT.info on 2010~?
If yes, thank you for making part of my teenage years, lol! Loved this server so much!

Somewhat old thread, but man did I have a ton of fun on DedicatedOT War. Lot's of fun memories from back then. Also if you worked on DedicatedOT, did you also work on TibiaLight? Another super fun server that I've always wished would be revived. Thanks for the great times!

RL Name: (Matheusz)
Example of Work: (Mappers Only, Spriter)
References: (Gamemasters/Mappers Only)
Extra Info: (I help a lot of Observers with C++,Scrips, and Sprites)
Lexarr#9711

Gamemaster postion

-Name
Akazafy

-From
Libya/egy

-Time zone (GMT)
GMT +2

-Availability (hours per day)
Roughly 12+ hours

-Do I have basic people skills, am I truthful and willing to enforce the rules to protect my community?
Yes. I got over 10 years of CM experience in WoW-Private servers hosting up to 1000+ players with 700+ on peak hours. I'm always un-biased and follow the rules as they're stated.

-Where I study?
I'm currently studying game-development and prefer to work with graphics in photoshop.

-How many languages do you know
English - High
Arabic - High

-Why am I qualified for this position?
The CMs work is to build, grow and manage communities. With over 4 years of experience I believe myself very suited for any server that may be looking for one.

-Why did I leave my old server?
With the new expansion of WoW (Mist of Pandaria) I felt it was my time to walk away. I was not excited about the expansion at all. I did play Tibia when I was younger and I'm now looking into working as a Senior Tutor for any server.

-What do I think I'll do after you hire me?
I'll get right on work. Introduce myself to the community and what my work will be. I will be spending alot of time on the forums of the chosen server to get to know people aswell as be ingame to learn as much as possible of the server.

-Why should you choose me?
I'm a very kind person, helpful, considerate, and resourceful. I'm a stickler for rules and authority. Meaning, there's a reason people are put in position of authority, so everyone can enjoy their experience and not have to be hassled. I like to make sure people are having fun, and not
getting harassed or cheated by people who think it's okay to do so.

I am here to warn everyone. I paid this person 750 dollars for working with me on a project. He never delivered upon this day. He received the payment almost a year ago. @Royalty @everyone

Greetings, unless you are here to apply for a job your comments will be ignored but considering you are trying to harm the project I am working on I will humor you with a response.
I am here to warn everyone. I paid this person 750 dollars for working with me on a project. He never delivered upon this day. He received the payment almost a year ago. @Royalty @everyone
In regards to your payment, I took the money yes. I spent the money, yes (minus 350 which I am still unable to obtain from the invalid paypal account you sent it to). I actually did do some work for you, for a solid 2 months, stories written and minor lore developed; I however was left high and dry on what I was supposed to be doing 2 to 3 months after being hired considering ELO scammed you (and ghosted me afterwards). I had no mapper to work with in terms of lore to create and you were completely M.I.A for up to 7 months after that, unable to be gotten a hold of. I gave you my final notice the exact day you chose to make this comment on this thread after you threatened ELO's personal life in the discord message (proof provided below)
I am not indebted to you, nor am I employed by you. Also considering you threatened another member of your projects personal life I wouldn't want to work with/for somebody like that at all.

Further more, I would not want to work on a project that is run by somebody like you anyways. You can do what you think is right, but considering what I have mentioned I am sure a number of other people would have done what I did. Good day to you sir.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back