• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

deleted thread

First off what do you mean with "Private Servers"

First off what do you mean with "Private Servers"

Private server = open tibia server. Just another name. I just used to it since I was for quite a long time in WoW private servers community. :p

1. Nope? They are not ding, just less files for newest Tibia and a lot of people can't host new server (too low skill).
2. Real maps as always, war servers (with new ideas) and maybe some kind of survival server?
3. Freedom.

1. There are many reasons, such as unbalancement, unprofessional owners, lack of content, nothing to keep you playing, I could make a whole list, there is a lot of stuff that goes into whether a server dies or not.
2. Right now the most successful server are sadly real maps and it truly brings a tear to my eye...I'm not even sure WHY people like it so much, I mean it's the same old boring thing you've seen for such a long time.
3. Community, economy, custom, balanced, long lasting server.

I've been really dissapointed in OT's over the past years, I really enjoy nice custom OT's but there are way to many real maps and evo's out there and the reason I feel many people don't make custom OT's is because it takes a lot of work and then since most of the community doesn't like those type of OT's they die very quickly. I always thought OT's was when you got a team together, develop new things, ideas, and created a unique server instead of all these real maps/download and run servers.

1. Why in your opinion most of private server projects die?
There is only one reason that an OT server goes offline. The owner no longer has interest in the server.

2. Which projects would be successful if released and why?
I would like to see a really good Survival Server.

3. What do you value the most in private servers?
Community.

1. Why in your opinion most of private server project die?
mostly because they are download & run or because they got leaked before

I think if a good project gets leaked it won't get any players, shadowcores for example if it gets leaked you will find 100 new shadowcores ots so it will suck...

custom maps (a map that has been created 100% by the owner not a rl tibia map :p)

Flat I really loved your survival server, with that random luck system, finding spells,etc.. it was just a lot of fun, sucks the files are unable to get. :(

1. Lack of originality
2. Sadly, all the shitty realmaps -.-
3. New cool features, custom maps and a lot of other custom stuff :3

Download and run real map servers destroy open tibia community in my opinion. They don't bring anything new, just same old story: download > run > gain cash > restart.

A bit incorrect question for me, and they should be: Why in your opinion most of unique OT server projects die?
So, generally reason - OT Servers with real map. Second - most of servers with source code avalible for it... In my opinion - they should be only in compiled binaries, with mapsize & online limitations inside source + some license system with connect to Otland `servers manager`. If you want a run a RL OT - pay mothly for remove limitations. If you are a custom OT developer (make server self how me lol :D joke) you can buy the sources... but that only example and need a do something with alots of RL servers.

At this time - only RL... but i am hope in future, Custom servers... with unique maps, features and etc.

Community, Nice game-design for server content. And for owner - leadership & teamworking skills.

Leaders are unexperienced, they can't do anything themselves so you can't count on quick fixes as a player, they're only promising everything and they can't assign tasks correctly.
Team has weird communication and no tasks so they're doing nothing in general(because leader didn't requested anything).
OT advertisements are bullshit, 80% of ot ads are liars and when players find it out they just leave server as fast as they can(pic below related).
Abandon_thread.gif

I have no faith in current projects. Everything is same, but has different title. Everyone is hosting rl maps with same shop nowadays on old fashioned 0.4.
RPGs are usually going down due to bugs found on server opening and weird communication between team.

truth in advertising
protocol 9.6+
balanced shop that doesn't sell top stuff available in game
small known map, but with good quality
tp room, but clear city(without looped effects and teleports in every building)
medium exp stage placed between RPG and high exp stereotypes
unique systems

truth in advertising
protocol 9.6+
balanced shop that doesn't sell top stuff available in game
small known map, but with good quality
tp room, but clear city(without looped effects and teleports in every building)
medium exp stage placed between RPG and high exp stereotypes
unique systems

Nice vision! But protocol does not matter if owner use custom client & idea. Him can make it always better than CipSoft. About leaders and teamwork - you are right, but sometimes, really hard to find a good team.

A bit incorrect question for me, and they should be: Why in your opinion most of unique OT server projects die?
So, generally reason - OT Servers with real map. Second - most of servers with source code avalible for it... In my opinion - they should be only in compiled binaries, with mapsize & online limitations inside source + some license system with connect to Otland `servers manager`. If you want a run a RL OT - pay mothly for remove limitations. If you are a custom OT developer (make server self how me lol :D joke) you can buy the sources... but that only example and need a do something with alots of RL servers.

At this time - only RL... but i am hope in future, Custom servers... with unique maps, features and etc.

Community, Nice game-design for server content. And for owner - leadership & teamworking skills.

People would release the sources anyways. Open tibia should be open, so no selling scripts/maps/engines. Money hunger killed open tibia's original idea in my opinion.

People would release the sources anyways. Open tibia should be open, so no selling scripts/maps/engines. Money hunger killed open tibia's original idea in my opinion.
Yeah, but i am talking only about server software + RL maps in download. But that just for example... need to do something with alot of numbers a RL servers... hmm, maybe only payment adv. in otserverlist? something else?

In my opinion if people like rl maps they should be able to play them. It's the custom server owner who should encourage people to play his ot. It's sad that custom servers that are really worth playing are going down beacuse of 0 players.

In my opinion i think , the server dies because the owners never support it, all the scripts are taken from websites where the people just copy & paste from others websites, like here in otland, a lot of people come here to otland and go to another Forum and post as yours.
The problem its not the real maps, the problem are the administrators who just download and run, the people like it because know all about it, and for they, know that its like "Damn, im pro, i know all". Look Shadowcores, it have a lot of updates, there the people can do the same things as RL, but ofc with more money, stages, blablabla.
I think, the real maps can be good, just if the administrator make something for them, like event, costum maps, costum history quest.
For me if i know Rl map, why not make costum quest for the people and have fun with them. Or event like your OT Teckman, where the people can change their vocations to champion for some time and try another type of PVP.

*Just one thing, they need inovate and make costum things with special items, or quest, or history quests. (Not quest like, bring me 5 DSM and i give you 1 frag remover and thats all, can do it again!)

The support of the administrators and the staff first of all.
*If you want to have people in your server you need to do the best work for your players, so they can be fun with your server.
*Give points, in the case if you have premium points shop or donations. The people want to know what do they do if donate for costum item. (Remember its donation , you are not a supermarket , DONATION!)
*Events, the people like events, where they can have fun with all the server players.
*Balance the vocations!

This thread is really interesting, lots of perspectives and interesting point are being brought up. Here's what I think:

People get bored of it, there is nothing new, not alot of people come, many bugs that dont get fixed, useless staff. Then the admin realizes it's not going anywhere and kills it.

Something that innovates, something new, a new style of gameplay...

A few things really:
A. The community: To know that I will arrive to a new server and be welcomed with open arms is probably the thing I value the most. Then as the months go by, forge friendships within the server, and still see many known faces. Helpful staff, not the guy that will give you the best stuff in one go, but instead, the one that takes you around showing you what to do and how to do it.
B. A solid map: If the map sucks, the server will suck. I have played on a few servers where the map was literally a maze and had teleporters going everywhere. I do indeed love TP to Hunt maps, but some are just a little too much.
C. Custom stuff:When the guys behind the project take the time to edit items, monsters, add quests and all that it really creates a new experience for the player.
D. Interesting stuff: Usually all the servers have the same copied scripts and the same features. A server with mods and and stuff you usually dont see is one that you want to explore(I love exploring).
E. Open and friendly staff: When you can tell a GM, or even the god if need be, that there is a problem, or you need help, and they will /goto your rescue is amazing, and something I really appreciate. This point highlight a part of point A
F. Rules that get enforced: When the rules say a botter will be banned if caught, he MUST be banned, no exceptions.
G. No-PVP server: I hate it when I walk out of the temple, and some dude comes and kill me just because I'm a low level player that just joined.

Last edited:
Ive been wondering the same thing. I don't think it has anything to do with owners, i think its the players. Most of the old school players have quit tibia (since real tibia is not so good anymore) and people who still play Tibia are younger generation (people who watched their brother play and they used to be noobs) now OTs are out there where everything is more easy so they can feel pro's. People want it easy, nobody wants to explore/put time in progressing anymore. They just want real tibia that is more simple/faster to progress or something custom where everything is easy and fast like 9999x evos with TPs to quests and monsters. Those very few people who actually still enjoy custom projcts where u actually havwe to put some time/skill in playing can't usually play either because there are too few people out there who play custom projects (custom projects have like 40 players max online while real map servers have hundreds of players).

Maybe its about growing up too, no matter how good the server is for some reason i still don't have much fun as i used to playing some 7.6 crappy server that had no working scripts for stuff. I mean those servers used to be really crappy compared to nowadays server :D Maps were horrible, practially no scripting but i still had tons of fun playing it.

Back