• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Depot Issue

azzmckay6

Reaction score
Hello, hopefully someone can help me here.
Currently, our depots arent saving on logout. Its possible for someone to fill the depot with items, but as soon as you log out and back in, the items are gone

anyone out there point me in a direction for a fix?

thanks

Solution
I answered this question on an external platform and will answer it here too.

The problem is that on the player_depotlockeritems table in the nekiro downgrade, the itemtype column isn't unsigned. What this means is the maximum item ID that can be stored in there is only 32767.
To fix this, you can mark that column as being unsigned which will allow the maximum item ID that can be stored up to 65535.

The quick fix:
SQL:
ALTER TABLE player_depotlockeritems MODIFY itemtype SMALLINT UNSIGNED;
Hello, hopefully someone can help me here.
Currently, our depots arent saving on logout. Its possible for someone to fill the depot with items, but as soon as you log out and back in, the items are gone

anyone out there point me in a direction for a fix?

thanks
you didnt even say which engine you are using and if you set correct town to deposit and it is properly included in yoyur items.xml

ok what about sql did u remove players by any chance or something with database e.g player_Depots are not generated from rook sample?

Ok, buddy, lets take a step back. Please ensure that you've taken all these steps below:

1) Using RME and considering the temple coordinate, set a Town Name/ID for your town (Map > Edit Towns)
2) Mark the depot tiles as a PZ Area, including the tiles below the lockers (Terrain Palette / Tools > PZ)
3) Right click the lockers and set their Depot ID

Give it a try and, if doesn't work, come back and let us know

ok what about sql did u remove players by any chance or something with database e.g player_Depots are not generated from rook sample?
im working with azzmckay on server, and from looks of it, that could be the issue. the server was setup for us by somebody else since we had no experience in the area.
looking in the database, there are two sections that probably fit this well.
player_depotitems, and player_depotlockeritems.
both of these are completely blank, with no rows of data, even though approx 15 accounts made on server.
what file would i be possibly looking at that would add to those database tables as the character is created? we are using myaac for account creation.

im working with azzmckay on server, and from looks of it, that could be the issue. the server was setup for us by somebody else since we had no experience in the area.
looking in the database, there are two sections that probably fit this well.
player_depotitems, and player_depotlockeritems.
both of these are completely blank, with no rows of data, even though approx 15 accounts made on server.
what file would i be possibly looking at that would add to those database tables as the character is created? we are using myaac for account creation.
it does not work as skills do so i think it actually is ment to be blank and overwritten by engine once the player opens depot but if nothing happens then the issue must be with how players are saved?

it does not work as skills do so i think it actually is ment to be blank and overwritten by engine once the player opens depot but if nothing happens then the issue must be with how players are saved?
skills and levels and such is saved currently with the player, i know atleast 4 different accounts have used the depot so something -should- have generated i would think.
my first thought was something with tile.lua
but that was a simple issue with it stating getDepotLocker instead of getDepotChest, and it does work properly stating "you have 1 item in depot" or "you have 0 items in depot" etc. just when its logged off, it seems to not save.
which file would you suggest looking in for player saving issues?

I answered this question on an external platform and will answer it here too.

The problem is that on the player_depotlockeritems table in the nekiro downgrade, the itemtype column isn't unsigned. What this means is the maximum item ID that can be stored in there is only 32767.
To fix this, you can mark that column as being unsigned which will allow the maximum item ID that can be stored up to 65535.

The quick fix:
SQL:
ALTER TABLE player_depotlockeritems MODIFY itemtype SMALLINT UNSIGNED;

Last edited:
Solution
Back