• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Developer IDE for OpenTibia [MinOTaur]

How interested are you in having this kind of tool?

• Very!

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • Quite interested.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • ...meeh..

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nah, Not interested.

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
How would it be hard to integrate? I'm not talking about the whole program, lawl, I'm saying some things, such as differing lines highlighting, syntax checking, etc... I don't see why things like that couldn't be done in .net
It depends on what kind of things the text editor is capable of.
I am using ScintillaNet for syntax highlighting atm, i have no idea if i can highlight lines and so on.
The documentation is quite lacking.

Its written in C# .net 4.0, but any .net language can work, like vb.net, f#, ironpython, ironruby and more.

Sounds awesome, (btw also add source editor plxxxx)
I hope it won't crash, it's fast and also got same features like all the other editors
ht3.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

its going to be closed sourced, But i am impleting LuaInterface which gives almost the same functionality as C#/VB.Net, Will also make a plugin system.
The reason of the closed source is because people can easily release corrupted verision of editor, which could steal information from servers, So im adding a safe guard by not enabling plugins unless you accept it on start up, Plugins will be able to access any part of the program except the start up and plugin framework.

@Wayne277
You got VS2010 for that, you couldn't possibly get a better editor for that, It doesn't make things easier by making a special editor for sources, You still need to know c++ to edit the sources and you also need to know how to compile right and those stuff, there are alot of tutorials on the forum. Just read them and read the thread, dont be lazy and just read some percent of the text.

Basically you can make windows and tools with lua and access everything without problems :3. Could possibly make an example later when the first release comes out.

Edit:

Currently editing the structure abit now so you can edit multiple servers at once, seperating everything a bit more.
I need some suggestions on how to interact between servers, currently i have a server menu at the left right corner.
I most likely will use a "temporary container", where you can drag and drop them, then copy it to other servers and so on.

Last edited:
Make a versified svn or some shit like that. There's ways to make that kind of cooperated teamwork work, and I'd like to be of assistance in this.

lawl, >implying it isn't still effective and used

If you could get a free car and had to choose between a Trabant and a Ferrari, would you also pick the Trabant?

Your post is idiotic.

KK. I'm kind of new to this whole server making thing in general, with having a private server and all. My area is programming, so thanks. FYI, hadn't seen your post had a link.

Last edited:
I will use it for sure! Keep this thread updated so that you don't think people aren't interested cause of low comments :)

Yeah im still abit unsure how to make my Server Templates, XML Files for defining the functionality of the editor.

Basically, if i want to support "Mods" and "CDATA" buffers within the XML file i need to find a way to define it in the XML template...

so what im doing now is that i set up a way to interact before editing an XML value.

Kind of like this
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<Distribution Name="TFS 0.3.6">
  <Global Directory="data/lib">
    <SourceFunctions> <!--Lua script for debugging-->

</SourceFunctions>
  </Global>

<State Name="Action" Directory ="data/actions/scripts" XMLFile="data/actions/actions.xml">
    <SourceFunctions>
    </SourceFunctions>

<XMLFile ScriptDirectory="" XmlDirectory="">
      <Pattern>
        <actions self="(law)DoSomething">
          <action self="(law)DoSomething" 
                  itemid="numberarray" 
                  fromid="number (law)ItemIDorFromIDToID" 
                  toid="number (law)ItemIDorFromIDToID" 
                  event="(list) script buffer"/>
        </actions>
      </Pattern>

<Description>
        <actions self="The Main Branch.">
          <action self="A part where a single file is bound." 
                  itemid="This activates on use by activating it, can be put as 1234-5678 or 1234, they can be stacked with a list by adding ; in between."/>
        </actions>
      </Description>

<Law Name="ItemIDorFromIDToID">
        function(Attribute, Value)
        if Attribute["itemid"] ~= nil then
        Attribute["itemid"] = nil
        msgbox("You can't set itemid at the same time as from and toid.")
        end
        end
      </Law>
    </XMLFile>

<Event Name="onUse" parameters="cid item fromPosition itemEx toPosition">
      function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition)
      end
    </Event>
  </State>
</Distribution>

EDIT:

hPO1R.png

Updated the data browser a bit so you have an easy way to edit it.

Last edited:
currently im remaking the entire UI to make it a little bit more efficient.
I can't show screenshots yet cause there is nothing to show :p..

Okey so the new UI is basically a Docking Window Area.

l73wG.png

You can snap out windows to separate windows, or you can split windows into more tabs.
Each panel has a sidebar for selecting objects.

Will be fixing some more uI stuff later.

Completed new GUI.

L8vwE.png

Added .dat and .spr loading (SPR under construction)
Added xml loading from templates.

Going to see if i can everything necceccary for map editing, but its a hell loading the diffrent formats XD...

Back