• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Difference between tfs versions?

DreadShi

Reaction score
what is the difference between tfs 1.1 , 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4? also what is the difference between having a vc14 folder which need to be compiled and , a tfs which has not a vc14 file and already compiled?

Difference between specific engine versions are just bugfixes/new features/code improvements/etc. Not compiling TFS yourself with the vc14 folder means you have no idea what code was used and can lead to problems if you decide to go source editing later on. Precompiled engine versions should only be used to test out the engine itself or get a test server running, not for actual server production.

Difference between specific engine versions are just bugfixes/new features/code improvements/etc. Not compiling TFS yourself with the vc14 folder means you have no idea what code was used and can lead to problems if you decide to go source editing later on. Precompiled engine versions should only be used to test out the engine itself or get a test server running, not for actual server production.
so what is the most stable tfs version and also has most of features ? easy to compile with msv2017

It really depends on what you want to do.

For 7.x your best bet is either nostalrius(1.2) or othire(otserv? I think)

For 10.98, use the newest one from github. 1.3

I've never worked on anything in between so I dont know what's best to use there.

None of them are very hard to compile with a little know how. If you run into issues, post here and I'll help you through it. :)

It really depends on what you want to do.

For 7.x your best bet is either nostalrius(1.2) or othire(otserv? I think)

For 10.98, use the newest one from github. 1.3

I've never worked on anything in between so I dont know what's best to use there.

None of them are very hard to compile with a little know how. If you run into issues, post here and I'll help you through it. :)
this error while compiling latest forgotten
using tfs sdk3.2
windows sdk installed
vs2017
included mysql-connector-c/mysql
included pugixml
boost 1_66_0

You need to use the latest compiling tutorial, master branch doesn't use SDK anymore.
in official tutorial , tells me that i need to install sdk 3.2

edited:i noticed yes that sdk not supported using msvc , i need to compile it using vcpkg , i'll give it a try

while installing
  • vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-windows

Back