• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Difficulties withports.

Slatera

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to open the ports for my router, but I got some dort of difficulties.

I have to agree it's been a while since I was doing this and I might have forgotten something, so I'll just say what I've done so far:
I disabled the windows firewall in the computer to avoid complications there.
I went into my router and opened the ports(Tried with the 'Any' function, or using both 'TCP' and 'UDP'.

Now when I got on canyouseeme.org it says:

Error: I could not see your service on *censored* on port (7171)
Reason: Connection timed out

Is there anyone who could help me on this? I've opened these ports at the moment:
3396 and 80.

Any help would be appreciated since at the moment I can't acces the server through my other computer nor see that the port is active on the website.

Last edited:
Okay, there must be something I've missed because I installed a rogram that opened the ports for ou, and even when that one did it I still can't connect, through the website nor the server itself. Please guys, gimme a hand here... :(

can you post a screeny of the ports that you have port forwarded and a screey of cmd with your local ip on it
and btw why have you added [Compiling] to your thread titel? o,o

The reason I added compiling is because that was the closest thing to ports I could see, and here are the screenshots:

ipconfig.jpg

portsn.jpg

Using D-link DIR-301 router. Sorry for it being in swedish, I don't have any english windows. ;<

Yes, yes and yes again. I opened ALL the ports (As you could see on my picture on previous post) I disabled my windows firewall. I tried installing a program that opens my ports for me and I even wrote both TCP/UDP in one attempt and Both in a different. No matter how I do it it won't work.

Then I can't help you, I doubt anyone here can.
Better off calling your internet advisor or call the D-link support.
You can't expect anyone of us to know everything about technical difficulties that are not related to OpenTibia.
A lot of us learn how to portforward straight from that website.

you need to have an application open that uses that port, in this case you need tfs open... then check canyouseeme.org or w/e and it should give good results.

I've actually fixed the problem now, thank god. I had forgotte than I had to edit something in the MODEM aswell(I got a fucked up one). And when I got this feeling of it I went in it and port forwarded the router in the modem. Made it work to a 100%.

Thanks all for the help, means alot. :)

*edit*
Hmm... Now I got a different problem... ._. I can see on the website that my ports are open, but I can't connect to my server through my other comp by the IP I got. Anyone have any ideas why?

Last edited:
You need to use your local IP address, I'm assuming you're playing under the same router, but just a different computer.
Again, your local IP address will be something like this 192.168.X.X.

Yeah well I need to know for sure if I can connect through the IP I made, so I tried to do it on my laptop. It's to be sure that people can join my server, since it won't be for private use.

Yeah well I need to know for sure if I can connect through the IP I made, so I tried to do it on my laptop. It's to be sure that people can join my server, since it won't be for private use.

Yeah, that's why you're not able to log on, just use the local IP.
You can always PM me the IP and I can test it for you.

try this
add 2x 7171
at any set there UDP and on the outher TCP do that on all 7171, 7172, 80.
and 3306 TCP is mysql i dont know why you have 3396 port open.

and after you done this you most restart your router

*Edit: did't saw the 2de page i see you fixed it

Back