• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Disconnected only as localhost

BahamutxD

Jack of all trades, master of none
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello!

I have an issue with OTC that makes me freeze and get disconnected as soon as I log in and take a few steps (staying still seems to be alright) Players connected through the internet seem to be alright, haven't managed to disconnect/reproduce.

Using the Tibia Client (10.98) in the same server, it will work just fine.

The very same server/client in another network/machine works just fine.

This very same server/client been working just fine in the affected computer for months...

So its easy to come to the conclussion that its something with the PC itself but nothing really has changed there other than some W10 updates and maybe the GPU drivers?

Things I tryed: different NIC, rollback drivers for NIC, closing all programs, cleaning with CCleaner, reboot, disabling windows firewall (doesnt make sense but meh), gone through my open process list to see if there was anything new/strange..

I'm kind out of ideas so though that maybe someone could throw me some light, sometimes it helps to hear other opinions.

EDIT: by the time I press the create thread I might have solved this but will post it just incase someone have a similar issue.

I don't know why but adding 127.0.0.1 "mydomain" in the windows hosts file seems to have fixed the issue. Will report back after more testing.

Back