• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discord will change usernames, beware of scammers!

Kuzyn

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey,

Few days ago Discord announced that they will force every user to change their username in upcoming weeks/months (it will be rolled out in rounds, starting from the oldest users).
In general, they will remove "discriminator" so #1234 number that you had in your username. More info available here: Evolving Usernames on Discord (https://discord.com/blog/usernames)

But what's most improtant, I think it is worth to warn everyone that some users may change their usernames on purpose, because they were known for scams etc. So you need to pay more attention for any suspicious offers.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Discord in its early days, now it has become more of a problem in my eyes. I prefer IRC/forums lol. Though Discord is a good platform when you look away from its flaws, can't deny that. I would probably not go back to Teamspeak, for example, between the two. Idk might be the only one here with that opinion.

I don't see why they need to force users to change name, when there is already flooding with scams? Basically pouring gasoline into an already burning fire..

The change has begun - starting by the oldest members it will come in waves to everyone.

A pop up will warn you about it if you are selected. Getting into options there will be a banner reminding you to change your username aswell.

Last edited:
Oh ok, I registered in September 2016 and still nothing, guess I need to wait a little longer.

Oh ok, I registered in September 2016 and still nothing, guess I need to wait a little longer.
My account is from 2017 and got the change today. Is it really based on how old the account is then?

My account is from 2017 and got the change today. Is it really based on how old the account is then?

I don't think there is any official source about this but it seems like Nitro users have some kind of priority too.

I can see a lot of Nitro users with just a few years old accounts that already made the change while I see 2015/16 users with no name change yet.

Nitro users are prioritized:
In terms of rollout, we’re starting with access to owners of partner and verified servers, then to all users based on the age of their account in the coming months, starting with 2015. Current Nitro subscribers paying for the ability to customize their discriminator that registered for Nitro on or before March 1, 2023 will also be given early access.

Source: Evolving Usernames on Discord (https://discord.com/blog/usernames#:~:text=In%20terms%20of%20rollout%2C%20we,coming%20months%2C%20starting%20with%202015).

So thats why. I dont have nitro.

@Don Daniello any ETA on when we'll be able to change our discord info on OtLand profile to @username? Currently it's forcing the discriminator (#nnnn). Is it on OtLand end or it's something XenForo has to update?

Back