• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discussion about CipSoft Tibia Client copyright

Redan

/* */
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys =)
It is illegal to modify and redistribute CipSoft's Client for your own benefits - that is sure.
Now, let's say I will NOT redistribute any single file copyrighted by CipSoft, but a small (my own) executable file that launches tibia.exe and changes its ip/rsa etc. (yeah something like IP Changer).
Is this way illegal as well?

Thank you all. It's not I'm afraid of it. I know that CipSoft simply doesn't care about it. I was just curious. Again big thanks :)

You can distribute your program all you want, but if it's using Tibia's client to work, then you must not include their client in your download/program pack, but require the user to download the client externally, otherwise you'd still be delivering their client together with your program which is a copyright infrigment.

Good example are bots, they are all based on Tibia's client and their purpose is to be used with Tibia's client, but when you purchase a bot, you don't get the client with it, only the bot executable.

Exactly as Shadowsong said, You can distribute your file all you want, and let your players do the bad stuff when they go get the client themselves, therefor you are not responsible lol

Back