• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion] The Circle of Vocations, The paladin

raybow

Less QQ more Pew Pew
Reaction score
The Paladin

Alright, let’s start off with a little history of myself. But before that, I’d like to point what a great job Red has been doing with his OT server recently, and that I’m glad I’m able to contribute in any way possible.

[On the side note: I believe that I’m probably one of the chill people on the server ,If you need assistance with details or help with guides to the server in general, free to pm me in game.]

I’ve played Cyntara when it first started, I’ve been a mage [Silence] first on Cyntara 1.0. I’ve experienced the life of being a non-donor, and being a donor. I’ve become the knight [Wrath] second also in Cyntara 1.0. Then I’ve become a Paladin/Mage again in Cyntara 3.0. (Excuse me for I’ve missed the 2.0 and 3.0). This is giving a backbone really on what I do know, and what I have experienced playing on Cyntara. I’m not a random newbie that started playing and started complaining on the forums about balancing classes. The purpose of this thread was to give my insight and my past experiences with the vocations, and what needs to be looked upon even though it might have been addressed already. You do not have to read my thread; it’s merely my personal opinion and experience that I’ve seen through myself and others. Any feedback and comments are welcomed as I am not perfect.

First off, I’d like to address, Why play the specific class you play? What are the benefactors in each vocation before picking your donations? I will number the general reasons to play any specific class.

Why would someone want to play a paladin?
1. They're ranged
a. Consisting of Holy/Physical damage
b. Fast Hitting arrows

2.They have the HP more HP than a mage, and More mana than a Knight.
3.They have spirit potions (Healing both mana and HP), Curaga rune as well I guess… But not the top priority of a starting paladin.
4.Combo move consisting of hitting one target physically, 5 times.

Why would someone want to play a mage?
1.They're ranged
a. Consisting of Holy /Death/Energy/Frost/Fire/Poison(lol)
b. Long range/Fast hitting Wand

2.They have enough HP to survive one person shooting at them, and a bajillion mana.
3.They have Mana potions (Healing mana )
4.ParaMAX, Constantly keeping someone paralyzed moving slow.
5.Tripple Overtime, 40 dollar beast sudden death rune
6.Drunk/Anti-Drunk, Ability to make someone drunk therefore walking randomly, and with a donated item, able to prevent drunkness.
7.Ability to summon, Summoning two monsters (Berserk Pyro Elements) ableing an additional 1000-3000 Damage or so on top of their DPS.
8.Energy Beams, AOE damage, and able to spam. [SkullCracker the exevo rai hur, and you’ll get pwned.]
9.Grow Weed (Druids only, Exevo grav vita), Enabling a longer lasting/useful temporary wall.
10.Mana transfer (Exito sio “name), Lets transfer a lot of mana to a dying teammate.
11.Combo move, consisting of a super powerful energy beam that can be shot diagonal or strait. OR a massive explosion hitting frost damage.
12.Excessive fire protection.

Why would someone play a Knight?
1.Melee
a. Exori rai, Ability consisting of an AOE, also able to critical (hitting 2 times more)
b. Fast hitting melee + Element

2. They have a bajillion HP
3. They have health potions that heal to full
4. Curaga, 40 dollar beast healing rune
5. Combo move, that’s a big area effect hitting a lot, a lot of times.
6. Tank/hits it like a beast, fastest levelers in the game.
7. High end damage with runes regardless of lack of magic level.
8.Did I mention, BEAST?

The reason why I give a summary between each of the classes is because I want to address the advantages of playing a mage/knight more than a paladin. I also addressed the most common things that were used in each vocation, so bare with me if I missed the 1v1 knight move or something along those lines.

I will now address the past issues, bugs and advantages of each class, and compare them with one another. Starting with the paladins,

The paladins in the past had major advantages. Although it was bugged and probably a glitch, they were able to spam click a target, allowing them to shoot their arrow in an incredibly fast speed. With this they were able to alternate between arrows, going with fast 3 by 3 burst hits with burst arrows, allowing them to AOE as well as damage, or switch over to the hard hitting crystal arrow.

On top of this, when spamming away at a target, they were also able to spam their Holy spell [Exevo san rai] spell at the same time also. This adding to their damage, and at the same time, they were able to Exura San if they got attacked back, without the exhaust of healing with a rune. This gave paladins the following advantages: Heal + attack at same time with no exhaust in between, and outdamaging a mana rune.

Why would someone not want to play a paladin nowadays?

-They have low DPS, although the arrow shoots fast, it is no longer switchable or spammable. With all of the physical protection nowadays, it doesn’t really matter. They can spam Exori con rai, but a person with a full set is still able to outheal it. Also I’ve noticed that, you cannot shoot a rune/spell and an arrow at the same time. So if you were attacked back and needed to heal, half your damage would be gone. This also rules out the ability of using a Double overtime rune, since the lack of damage, there’s really no point in purchasing one as a paladin anymore.

-The heart and soul of a paladin is their ability with holy damage, with Holy damage being the weakest form of damage next to poison in Cyntara, this aspect is overlooked with more melee.

-Their Combo move, is a constant need in order to kill someone. Like every other class, a combo move is used as a combo, not something that you have to spam every 2 seconds to come close to outdamaging a mana rune, only to find out they have a pot to heal off all the 200 soulpoints you wasted.

-They have decent amount of health points, however, not enough to survive anything worth killing. They have enough HP that if they needed to tank, they focus more on healing, than doing that actual damage. And when you’re healing, your arrows don’t shoot. So you’re literally, sitting there being a meat shield. For example, being at Legendary warriors, you don’t damage enough to be a shooter, and you have just enough health that if you spam Curaga, you can be the tank, but you can’t shoot or damage at the same time. [EPIC FAIL]

-On top of that, with the lack of health that you depend on, the only other option is going mana shield, but even that sucks because your spells are so dependent on mana and survival, that you barely have a chance to use the right amount of mana before your HP bar starts to go down.

-You have 4 pieces of armor to alternate around. Master archers armor, nightmare coat, skull cracker and the molten lava plate or whatever. In other words, you pick between: HP/mana, poison protection, death protection, or fire protection. But never two at once!

Why would someone want to play something else other than a paladin nowadays?

-A wand shoots farther than an arrow. This in my opinion makes no sense. I would much rather see someone get snipped by a sniper arrow, than get hit a bajillion squares away by a piece of fire.

-A Knight is a beast in HP and damage. Heck, Magic levels doesn’t really matter for a knight, if you have the level, you can still hit higher than a mage and a paladin with runes. Personal testimony was when I was Wrath, I was able to hit higher with an SD than a mage. I’ve also seen this with the current highest level knight on Cyntara. His VIP thunderstorm was higher than a mage’s with 100+ Magic levels more.

-A Mage can do a billion more things, as described above.

My proposal:

-Bring back the holy damage, make it unique again. Knights are the meleers, Mages shoot death and bring life, but Paladins should be the mastery of arrows, distance in general, and most importantly, Holy damage. How may you incorporate holy damage you might ask? I’ve thought of some, bare with me if they suck, I apologize ahead of time.

Well let’s create something more unique for paladins. Have their Exori con rai spell as a holy arrow type spell, dealing holy damage. This makes it so you don’t have to raise their physical damage up all the time, because people are always going to have physical protection.

-Make it like a triple overtime, only as a paladin only
and holy damage. Be creative if you want, make a Holy type rune that’s like a TOT, that’s 40 points or something. Something that’s you can feel a big difference with Exevo con rai, and the new HOT (holy overtime)

Create something unique for paladins also, Mages can heal mana/HP and create DOTs and AOEs, Knights can berserk and provoke things (Challenge), Paladins should be able to shoot a temporary shield buff of some sort? Make it a Holy shield if you want, (Something along the lines of Exevo san sio “NAME), this protecting a player from any type of element damage for a period of like 10 seconds. This can have a huge exhaust if you like to balance things out, but might be useful for survival for bosses or survival from a wave of sudden deaths/e waves or escaping sticky situations.

Create an arrow-like, Wave spell. I’ve seen it in many other OT’s where the paladins get to shoot a wave in a shape of an arrow, like so ==->, causing holy damage, but in an area effect format that is also spammable like E wave.

Keep exevo san rai with the same exaust, because that’s great, but adjust the damage of holy once again. Because right now, even as a level 1000 paladin, Holy being the most deadly weapon up a paladin’s sleeve, hits complete CRAP. A donated mana rune can easily outheal it.

Sniper Buff, Want to be super unique? My last idea is have a buff, that lasts about a minute or so, enabling your character to shoot ARROWS off screen. The Arrow’s range right now, is a joke compared to a wand, why not tweak it? So you’re able to sacrifice half your mana as long as your stationary, thus enabling the ability to “concentrate” and shoot long range, as well as shoot your holy arrow spell.This could work if you targeted or have someone targeted, then use the spell, and You don't move, but your able to shoot long range as long as there are no walls blocking the line of fire.

I do thank you for reading my long post, as it took a long time writing it really. I try to be as creative as a business minded person can be. I do believe that Blue and Red are already working at balancing vocations, creating new content, and working with non-donating people. I do believe this will become a great server to play on, and I’m glad to be a part of it. My purpose of this thread, was to inform (if not already) the faults, as there are a lack of active GMs to give more perspective. Thank you or the future feedback, I look forward to hearing from all of you in the future.

Ray,
Death/Silence/Wrath

Last edited:
The effort put into this post brings a tear to my eye. Bravo.

I do agree that Paladins do need a considerable buff, because their survivability right now is just a joke. I support the idea of a triple overtime like RUNE being able to be purchased off of the shop, however I don't think it should be an ability that any paladin can use. Unless, of course, it requires a very high level to be able to cast said spell.

/signed
and +repped for taking the time to write out this post :)

I think the rune may be OP but, everything else sounds reasonable now that pala's damage was increased.

/Signed

Sorry guys, caps lock stuck atm so hang in there

paladins need healing increase, but anymore and it could be op, what about giving them a bit more hp per level up? So they dont have to utamo vita during battles!!

I believe paladins shouldn't have to use mana shield for an entire battle either, only when they're getting spanked. And for those who don't use mana shield, they donate 40 bucks for a curaga rune when they should donate 40 bucks for a ToT rune, but exclusively for paladins, they suggested above.

The topic will be discussed further in the near future.

arrow-like holy spell? hehe you high? jk i think is a bad idea. i think you had some good ideas
k, i agree that paladin' survivabilty is questionable, so your ideas toward that matter were fine.
now here is what i thought: you want exevo san rai to outdmg a donator manarune? clearly that would op them and the rune to

Last edited:
arrow-like holy spell? hehe you high? jk i think is a bad idea. i think you had some good ideas
k, i agree that paladin' survivabilty is questionable, so your ideas toward that matter were fine.
now here is what i thought: you want exevo san rai to outdmg a donator manarune? clearly that would op them and the rune to

You're also assuming that the person has no pvp skill at all, and does not m wall one spot to block the damage, or move away two squares.

Arrow like beam spell like any other custom tibia server xP its like a e wave only, shaped like an arrow O_O

BRING BACK THE USE OF EXURA SAN

we need to heal and shoot the same time why not up the healing of exura san to like if u was lvl 3k uh heals 3k, exura san heals more, and 3 x uh heals more again

I think Paladin's are good as of right now.
Playing against a Paladin is much easier to say wether you think the vocation is equal to the others, if you play the vocation, clearly, you will want it to become even more powerful.

I think the vocations will go through a shift once it all gets settled and they will be where everybody wants them sometime in the near future.

Blumo make a noob pally char get a few lvls and heal then u will see what i mean

<cough cough> Red now would be the time to do your reply @ every section of my thread xP

BRING BACK THE USE OF EXURA SAN

we need to heal and shoot the same time why not up the healing of exura san to like if u was lvl 3k uh heals 3k, exura san heals more, and 3 x uh heals more again

Please do.. I heal 1.5k with exura san and im lvl 700~
and like 4k with UH :S! Any noob can combo me .. lol

Back