• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discussion: Would a web-based OT be welcome?

Been a while since I last posted any updates for this.

Aside from adding a scripting system like revscriptsys, I haven't really done much work on the client or server itself.

I've made some changes to my map editor. I've added networking to make it multi-user. Multiple people can map simultaneously with global saves every 5 minutes. There were some challenges such as parsing unsaved data on login, and caching any changes while a save is being conducted, but I think the end result is great. Features include jumping to other users, and also a spectate mode where you can follow other users around while they map. Still a lot of work to be done on this map editor but I thought I would share this addition with you all.

Thanks, haven't really worked on it since my last post. As soon as I get some free time, I will revisit it, but it will need a full rewrite most likely.

Thanks, haven't really worked on it since my last post. As soon as I get some free time, I will revisit it, but it will need a full rewrite most likely.
You came so far last time why would u need to full rewrite? Unless it’s for learning reasons!

I like your work, reminds me when in the old days and everyone was playing RuneScape on web and everyone has so hooked! I would definitely play if it ever came to that!

keep the good work!

WebAssembly is the way to go, imho.
I agree to a certain extent. Accessing DOM API may be needed for certain things. I know this can be done via the assembly but it's still a huge pain.

You came so far last time why would u need to full rewrite? Unless it’s for learning reasons!

I like your work, reminds me when in the old days and everyone was playing RuneScape on web and everyone has so hooked! I would definitely play if it ever came to that!

keep the good work!
Yeah, It's for learning purposes. So many things need to be refactored, so it would make sense just to refactor the whole thing xD

Hopefully it will become something in the future :)

Back