• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Disgusted

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello otlanders!

I just want to firstly throw off, sorry for my english.
I will try to make this short and sweet.

As you read on the title of the thread, it may offense some people. But i don't care. Because those who take this offensive, it's the people who made this community sick with their poison.

As we see, this community has declined the past months. Some people say, it because of the new forum engine and layout. But i think that is utter bullshit.
I've gone back and forward and read old threads and wonder why people left. Specially members that contribute to this community and here is the result.

OT Community has bunch of greedy people that does not appricate developers, what work they put into their stuff and also think that everything is about money. They just complain and throw negative stuff, which makes it not fun anymore for developers to mantain.

@Mark is a very good example on this situation. He gave a software for free, but people still complain about it. They only want and want, but never give back. As people seems to not understand, that he took time from his schedule to mantain something for free to the community.
Then we got Shadowcores, but who want to
go through the archives. People in that community is even worse.

Then we got OX team, @Syntax , @Jo3Bingham and etc..
I never had the chance to play their server, but after reading their thread and it makes me sick!
OX team has putted alot of time and work into a server and people complain. Not about bugs, not about improvments. But for being different from another server. That people should work, instead to get breast feeded.

Also there is alot of old developers that has quitted, because of this community is poisonous.

So i want to take my time and say:
I'm sorry! To every soul in this community. That care about OT!

Printer Out!

Noooooo what about custom stories?!? Please keep updating your thread :/

If you get bitter by people throwing insults, complaining, acting cocky behind keyboards and grabbing free stuff without giving anything back you better cancel your internet. You have to build mental endurance (as Mark probably did) to keep with projects like that in communities like this, else you give up, nothing wrong with giving up also, but I can't see that big of a problem here. People do share stuff, people do act polite, people do cross the line some times also, but that is how it is. If dealing with the trolls and badmanners is what mark your experience here, you better leave for you own sanity, but you are just getting trolled, ignore bad stuff, deal with it.

Last edited:
As far as I know the OX project is still being developed (according to Xeno Forums) :p

Times change and people grow up and tend to leave. With that said, you're also getting a new generation of gamers who aren't satisfied no matter what you give them. They're very much loud as they are spoiled, due to the numerous choices they have. Older people didn't have as many choices when they were growing up (I had Tibia, Runescape, and WoW was barely coming out). This led to people being less critical about everything, as you couldn't just compare it to something else or move on from it so quickly.

Nailed it. Theres a reason all my developer friends left otland and went for greener pastures. I see every day why they left. People expect every developer to do everything perfectly and not fuck up at all. They expect developers not to be human but be a perfect robot. Instead of just playing a different server they feel the need to lash out and call you mentally retarded (and make many other personal attacks) and try to poison the rest of the community. It’s too bad.

Times change and people grow up and tend to leave. With that said, you're also getting a new generation of gamers who aren't satisfied no matter what you give them. They're very much loud as they are spoiled, due to the numerous choices they have. Older people didn't have as many choices when they were growing up (I had Tibia, Runescape, and WoW was barely coming out). This led to people being less critical about everything, as you couldn't just compare it to something else or move on from it so quickly.
You're the best person on otland at making someone want to stop developing a project :p

This is exactly it.
When someone plays your game. It means they are choosing to play your game RATHER THAN EVERY OTHER GAME THEY HAVE ACCESS TO.
This means your game has to be better than League of Legends, Warframe, Tera Online, Runescape, Real Tibia, and every other game.

This means, if your game doesn't beat every other game they can play, they will leave.

BUT if they are complaining about your game, most likely that means they are PLAYING it!
And complaining is the best compliment you can get, as long as people are playing your game, that means they like your game. If they complain, that means they are human and have an opinion of something they disagree with.

I complain all the time. On every single game I play. If you do not complain it means you are not providing any feedback. And feedback like "Everything is perfect!" is useless.

**EDIT**
I wanted to add something. One thing that is terrible ABSOLUTELY terrible about the gaming industry right now is DLC and Micro-transaction shaming.

When a company releases an online game, it costs money to run. Everyone here knows that. Even your shitty little tibia server costs money, Imagine a big game, with hundreds of full-time programmers making new content and fixing bugs. Its a huge cost.

So many companies are now selling DLC or using Micro-Transactions to pay for after-market costs. So they can continue to bug-fix, balance, and add new content to their game.

Basically the entire journalist industry condemns all DLC and Micro-Transactions. And then gamers read this, and BELIEVE that DLC and Microtransactions are evil.

DLC and Micro-Transactions are the best things that have happened to gaming in the history of gaming. Get over it. /Rant over

(By the way, donations shops are basically micro-transactions)

Last edited:
Noooooo what about custom stories?!? Please keep updating your thread :/
I'm not leaving, not anytime soon. I will soon post pictures on the world map.

Thank you everyone for your input. I will not try to argue, since their is no point to aruge. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Community kinda went before the new forum and ox team hasn't contributed anything except a couple of support threads as far as I'm concerned.
They are after money making ideas and that's why they are putting so much effort into the server because they know they can take most of shadowcores playerbase.

But hey that's just my opinion

I see a lot more good than evul in this community.

Agreed.
TFS 1.X is new, and amazing.
OTClient is still going strong and is amazing.
There are more amazing custom servers today than there ever has been.
There are more talented pixel artists today on the forums than there ever has been.

Prices of hosting and DDOS protection are pretty low now, so we can have stable servers.

It is actually pretty damn good right about now.

Agreed.
TFS 1.X is new, and amazing.
OTClient is still going strong and is amazing.
There are more amazing custom servers today than there ever has been.
There are more talented pixel artists today on the forums than there ever has been.

Prices of hosting and DDOS protection are pretty low now, so we can have stable servers.

It is actually pretty damn good right about now.

You and whitevo are right, the community in whole isn’t bad, it’s just a few people that are exceptionally toxic and play a big role in killing the development/make developers leave the community of some projects.

1.x Is fantastic.

The pixel artists here are getting insanely talented indeed

The customization of servers now compared to 5 years ago is exceptional

ofc

but atleast give us sexy scripts if u gonna leave.

@Printer well put. The Tibia community overall is pretty toxic.
That being said we've continued development on OX on our free time as a hobby.
We'll be making the server how we want to make it and hopefully we set a new trend...
I hope it launches soon.

Sad to see you go Printer, Goodluck to wherever you end up ;)
I'm not leaving, not anytime soon. I will soon post pictures on the world map.

Thank you everyone for your input. I will not try to argue, since their is no point to aruge. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Back