• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Distibuting OTClient to players

Qbee

Open Tibia Fan
Reaction score
So i was playing around with OTClient and I notced that in order for it to run the .exe it requires "data", "mods" and "modules" folders. Now giving away a client with all those files seem unreasonable as those scripts, sprites and modifications become open for others (it's hard to make a client unique this way). Is there a way to hide those files or maybe a way to pack the whole project into one .exe?

You could compile the scripts to luac files but I have no idea how to do that

Yeah there is a way, you just need to use encryption for the files. I personally don't know how to do this, but I know people who do and it's possible 100% to hide+encrypt these files.

EDIT: Unless you know someone who could help you with this, you can google about it and hopefully find some solution.

Interesting that a community of people, using code they mostly did not write and altering it slightly to make a server.... is concerned with other people getting the work they have done.

Thing is, were all working on servers and projects here. Being very tight leads to a dead community. The people who make the tfs distro and others were open and that is why there are servers.

Just saying a bit of good will goes a long way, and im sure if you try you could perform the .rar password/password inject with an encrypted pass or keystore file.

At the end of the day, perhaps others will do that to something you would like to use and you will be sorely dissapointed that you are unable to even make a server. Just be fair and reasonable, no one good thing makes a great server and in the end all innovative things help everyone even if you try to stop it :/

Most packers I've seen people use are easy to reverse and unpack. A paid or private one would be the best.

Back