• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Distributions for 9.8 - custom server

messenoire

Reaction score
Hey, I'm developing a server and wanted to go with 9.8 since 8.6 is too limited and 10.x doesn't have the right feel for what I'm trying to create. Thing is, I definitely need modal windows. Otherwise I'd just take 0.3.7 and be done with it, since it has many features I need, except modal windows. Downgrading 1.2 seems like a good option, but how do I do it? Also 0.2 has modal windows and supports the protocol I need, but is it even viable? It's pretty old...

Any other options? Because I've got a pretty good plan:
  • Take the latest "oldschool" Tibia client, which would be 9.86 I think. It's the last one with old animations
  • Get rid of all shit features since 7.4. Make PvP into the RealShitTM it used to be
  • Change the exp formula instead of multipliers
  • Rework combat, spells, vocations, basically most mechanics. Nothing too crazy, just better scaling and more horizontal progression
  • Implement an alternative skill and magic level progression system because right now you just wait until the number gets higher which is pretty fucking stupid if you ask me
  • Add custom equipment that can be crafted, along with the materials, which can be looted or found around the map. Equipment itself can be looted too but the best pieces are crafted. You will have to find an armorer who's good enough and pay him accordingly
  • Weapons can be looted, crafted, and upgraded from +0 to +10. You will have to find a blacksmith too
  • Make the map; semi-open, split into areas with different kinds of shit to do on each one. No level gates, or very few. Think Dark Souls but with boats and cities. Going to concentrate on level design rather than spamming small stones and grass tufts, don't expect a very detailed map until later
  • Rebalance all the monsters, make PvE more exciting and rewarding
  • ...aaand all kinds of little tweaks and changes to make the most playable version of Tibia ever.
Now this sounds like quite the undertaking there, but I have most of it on paper and already tested a few things. Everything is simple enough, trying not to make it too weird or anything. Now I need a reliable distro to figure out how to make it all work and build a prototype.

What do?

Back