• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DO NOT USE PAYPAL

Samaster

Raptorserver.ddns.net
Reaction score
OTLanders,

I have had my open tibia server online since February this year and Paypal have locked my account, asking for proof of permission from the developers of Tibia that I am allowed to have my server up. I later emailed Cipsoft directly and they responded this:
2zindi9.png

My server is my life, I have gave up everything for it for Paypal to do this to me is heart breaking. I have no idea what to do now. Can someone help me find an alternative?

This is disconcerting. I suppose it's time we adopt OTClient.

How did PayPal even become aware of you using Tibia's content? They must have investigated your entire history. Do you have a lot of charge-backs? There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of servers that use PayPal and have never had any issue.

How did PayPal even become aware of you using Tibia's content? They must have investigated your entire history. Do you have a lot of charge-backs? There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of servers that use PayPal and have never had any issue.

I don't know how they found out. I will post all the emails now

Wow, that's a first I've seen since '08. I'm with J.DRE, did you have a lot of charge backs? That's most likely a reason.

Few suggestions:
1) Make new paypal account (setting up new bank account is easy online these days) and when people are 'donating' just use goods/services (and different name).
2) Other alternatives is DotPay, PaySafe, Payoneer, Skrill, etc etc.

(Wow my first post in so long!!!!)

Wow, that's a first I've seen since '08. I'm with J.DRE, did you have a lot of charge backs? That's most likely a reason.

Few suggestions:
1) Make new paypal account (setting up new bank account is easy online these days) and when people are 'donating' just use goods/services (and different name).
2) Other alternatives is DotPay, PaySafe, Payoneer, Skrill, etc etc.

(Wow my first post in so long!!!!)

I would do that but they will now be checking my server website so will know if I have made a new account :(

Btw I have only done about 4/5 chargebacks since the start of my server (February)

Well, that truly sucks. My suggestion is to use an alternative to paypal like I've suggested before. I don't see Cipsoft or PayPal, is going to let you continue to 'make a living' off your server. Switching to an alternative might be harder to put money in your bank account (bank transfers etc etc), but it's the only solution to your problem.

On another note, if it's only 4/5 charge backs, maybe you pissed someone off and they tipped CipSoft, and/or PayPal.

That's interesting, to say the least.

I would not recommend this, but if you absolutely do not want to use alternative payment methods: do as they ask and then inform your player-base that in order to use PayPal as a payment option, they must send money directly to you as a gift, at which point you'll have to manually add coins or points to their account(s).

PayPal simply requested you remove any trace of their payment method from your website.

I would not recommend this, but if you absolutely do not want to use alternative payment methods: do as they ask and then inform your player-base that in order to use PayPal as a payment option, they must send money directly to you as a gift, at which point you'll have to manually add coins or points to their account(s).

PayPal simply requested you remove any trace of their payment method from your website.
Was just gonna say: Just setup a paypal.me link and do it all manually if it means the world to you (the donations; not the server itself). Did a lot of customers do chargebacks with raptorserver?

Using OTClient or not wouldnt make a difference. It's still their game, with the sprites or dat file they can still prove that they made it.

I'm not sure why you even mailed them and asked for permission, since they do not approve Open-Tibia servers.
They will never give any permission to run a Open-Tibia server.

I would go for the suggestion @Damon wrote above.

Using OTClient or not wouldnt make a difference. It's still their game, with the sprites or dat file they can still prove that they made it.
Yes, that is correct.

If we would have a completly new SPR/DAT file with custom sprites and data and using OTClient then it would be a huge step away from Tibia's copyrigthed stuff.

Yes, I am aware of this. I was implying that by adopting OTClient as our official client, it will allow us to use custom sprites, etc. as opposed to relying on Tibia's client and being forced to use their sprites. Seems fairly obvious to me.

I'm not sure why you even mailed them and asked for permission, since they do not approve Open-Tibia servers.
They will never give any permission to run a Open-Tibia server.

I would go for the suggestion @Damon wrote above.

Yes, that is correct.

If we would have a completly new SPR/DAT file with custom sprites and data and using OTClient then it would be a huge step away from Tibia's copyrigthed stuff.

I mailed them because Paypal locked my account and sent me that email address. I rang Paypal up and they said either remove any trace of Paypal or provide permission from the developers of Tibia (Cipsoft)

1qseme.png

as opposed to relying on Tibia's client and being forced to use their sprites.
You can still change the sprites from the normal Tibia client & OTClient uses the normal Tibia client spr/dat.

But I get your point,

Yes, here it is:

2crufjk.png

t6tq1v.png

14mguvl.png
Do you own servers that restart constantly? I know someone who did that (launched a new server every month) and his got closed cause of tons of chargebacks (no surprise when constantly restarting new servers

We manually added points for the first 1-2 months of Archlight. It is a possible solution

Back