• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do people use elaborate systems? (Craft/Mine/secret stuff)

lukatxd

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys, I want to start this thread that appears once every while about systems on servers, just to get some comments on this part of the forum that I like the most.

So as the title says, other than pokemon/mascot systems that are used in every pokemon server around the corner, do you people notice players using other elaborate systems in the servers? Like one where the player needs to learn how it works, or something that only people who pay attention to the game notice?

I'm planning on starting a server soon based on a game, and it has NO rpg features, so my server would be "lacking" some scripts that I see in the forum. I haven't played any OT lately so I really dont know if they're implemented in server at all.
I'd like to read some opinions, just for the sake of discussion and to get updated on how servers are ran.

i had a tought about adding a mining system it would not be too hard.
crafting could be achieved with use with 2 items = 1 new item

I think it really depends on the player-base that you foster
RPG players love RPG systems and will go balls deep on it
Min/Max players will use the RPG systems to facilitate their Min/Max gameplay style and nothing more
PvP oriented players probably won't touch them

Min/Max players will use the RPG systems to facilitate their Min/Max gameplay style and nothing more
well I tought about cccreating amulets like elven amulet small sapphire + 2/5 twigs? then pvp players could use them. a lot if foraging is from monsters even it gets boring bringing everything to npc just make items that decay/ have charges

i had a tought about adding a mining system it would not be too hard.
crafting could be achieved with use with 2 items = 1 new item
It's not about being hard to implement, its about "we have the systems but are people using it?

This is exactly the point... My opinion is biased because of the servers that my brother and friends play and they all just go for poke-servers or dragonball filled to the brim with p2win vocations. I know on some servers there are huge afk runemaking farms and one of the ideas I had makes it worth the time to do this (100% more mana cost, but the resulting rune is 25-50% stronger) but the spell had to be learnt through an intricate ritual and I'm afraid no one would ever get it (it isnt hard tbh, and theres no bullshit like picking random tiles).

And for crafting, where should we draw the line for "now this is worth more to grind the item, instead of trying to make one"? Because if the crafted items are so good, everyone would just farm materials and then pvp? lol

It's not about being hard to implement, its about "we have the systems but are people using it?

This is exactly the point... My opinion is biased because of the servers that my brother and friends play and they all just go for poke-servers or dragonball filled to the brim with p2win vocations. I know on some servers there are huge afk runemaking farms and one of the ideas I had makes it worth the time to do this (100% more mana cost, but the resulting rune is 25-50% stronger) but the spell had to be learnt through an intricate ritual and I'm afraid no one would ever get it (it isnt hard tbh, and theres no bullshit like picking random tiles).

And for crafting, where should we draw the line for "now this is worth more to grind the item, instead of trying to make one"? Because if the crafted items are so good, everyone would just farm materials and then pvp? lol
u craft an item from 2 then from that item and another u craft better and better like upgrade system
.........../...............\
....../....\............/.....\
./....\/.....\....../....\/.....\

e.g extra 1% proteccction with each level u could "enchant the item" and once u use it and charges go once u cant enchant it so it stay that item [level]

Agreed. But I'd narrow it a little more than saying "RPG".
I think it has more to do with the amount of complexity and information people would like to deal with.
Good kinds of these systems demand you a lot of time comparing item stats and gathering materials.
You need to understand if that's your player base.

If you ask me, I wouldn't develop this kind of systems and as a player I don't really care about it. I'd bear that only if I was deeply engaged on the game.

U can make them simple. It all goes down to presentation I use gem system on my server

u craft an item from 2 then from that item and another u craft better and better like upgrade system

e.g extra 1% proteccction with each level u could "enchant the item" and once u use it and charges go once u cant enchant it so it stay that item [level]
I like this idea, Terraria has these immense crafting trees for late game items. I totally forgot about making use of something similar.

Agreed. But I'd narrow it a little more than saying "RPG".
I think it has more to do with the amount of complexity and information people would like to deal with.
Good kinds of these systems demand you a lot of time comparing item stats and gathering materials.
You need to understand if that's your player base.

If you ask me, I wouldn't develop this kind of systems and as a player I don't really care about it. I'd bear that only if I was deeply engaged on the game.
At this moment I really have no playerbase, so Idk what to even try lol. My goal was a lowerish rate xp, and totally remove skill points leaving only magic level/ one melee/ distance and use the other skill bars left for those extra systems. I get the important thing is to make it clear for the players, but I dont want it to be just an npc asking clearly "2 iron bars for an iron sword" thing.

I like this idea, Terraria has these immense crafting trees for late game items. I totally forgot about making use of something similar.

At this moment I really have no playerbase, so Idk what to even try lol. My goal was a lowerish rate xp, and totally remove skill points leaving only magic level/ one melee/ distance and use the other skill bars left for those extra systems. I get the important thing is to make it clear for the players, but I dont want it to be just an npc asking clearly "2 iron bars for an iron sword" thing.
so make the players be in certain tile in front of "deposit box" ""Crafting table"" and put one item on said table and other and use hammer on them or something?
jesus man u want me to start writing the scripts for ya already get a bit of finezja and polot men.

so make the players be in certain tile in front of "deposit box" ""Crafting table"" and put one item on said table and other and use hammer on them or something?
jesus man u want me to start writing the scripts for ya already get a bit of finezja and polot men.
lol you're totally missing the point. I'm not asking for help on scripts, all I'm asking IF people USE it. I appreciate your participation so far.

lol you're totally missing the point. I'm not asking for help on scripts, all I'm asking IF people USE it. I appreciate your participation so far.
players will only use if its usefull look at elderan making the scrolls that are recharable pretty cool mechanic.

here is example
i plan to add older version of tibia runes
e.g 6.4 sprites or 7.1? i figured uh rune could be nice and outsanding so i got midjourney to generate some concept art for news post for website:
prompt: dark wizard or necromancer working on his latest runic project on a stone table using various plants i want the stone rune to be visible and have blue color
1677198589199.png
Post automatically merged:

players will only use if its usefull look at elderan making the scrolls that are recharable pretty cool mechanic.

here is example
i plan to add older version of tibia runes
e.g 6.4 sprites or 7.1? i figured uh rune could be nice and outsanding so i got midjourney to generate some concept art for news post for website:
prompt: dark wizard or necromancer working on his latest runic project on a stone table using various plants i want the stone rune to be visible and have blue color
1677198589199.png
I just feel like midjourney is 90% ready to generate 3d models imagine ai working with rigid bodies...

Last edited:
I do agree that tibia players don't really crave for complex RPG systems, generally speaking. However, a few otservers have implemented that feature, but almost always with low or no complexity at all. It seems to work for them. In my opinion, players who dig into RPG aspects tend to be more loyal to your server, but you won't catch the attention of the ordinary tibia player...

I'm currently developing a crafting system for my project, and it is not that simple. It involves gathering resources, unique loots, skill level and even attributes. Take a look:

capentrywindow.gif

I just hope I find enough players who enjoy this kind of experience lol

Most servers don't make the complex systems their focus, it's usually added on top of an existing concept. This leaves it very basic and forgotten, because anything with complexity should yield some reward for the effort with interacting with it.

If you're going to make an upgrade system, for example Oen's upgrade system, you need to make it a major part of the server. Don't have a concept balanced around real Tibia and then try to build on top of it with concepts that counter the core idea of real Tibia. I've seen way too many servers that use Oen's system but don't improve on it, or even mold it to their server. The rolls, effects, chances, etc all remain the same.

It takes a lot of effort to make these complex systems, but I think most devs think that once the functionality is met that it's ready to ship. In actuality, you're probably only halfway there.

You just described exaltation forge

I do agree that tibia players don't really crave for complex RPG systems, generally speaking. However, a few otservers have implemented that feature, but almost always with low or no complexity at all. It seems to work for them. In my opinion, players who dig into RPG aspects tend to be more loyal to your server, but you won't catch the attention of the ordinary tibia player...

I'm currently developing a crafting system for my project, and it is not that simple. It involves gathering resources, unique loots, skill level and even attributes. Take a look:

View attachment 73638

I just hope I find enough players who enjoy this kind of experience lol
whoa, its so beautiful! It's far beyond than what I ever considered making.
Most servers don't make the complex systems their focus, it's usually added on top of an existing concept. This leaves it very basic and forgotten, because anything with complexity should yield some reward for the effort with interacting with it.

If you're going to make an upgrade system, for example Oen's upgrade system, you need to make it a major part of the server. Don't have a concept balanced around real Tibia and then try to build on top of it with concepts that counter the core idea of real Tibia. I've seen way too many servers that use Oen's system but don't improve on it, or even mold it to their server. The rolls, effects, chances, etc all remain the same.

It takes a lot of effort to make these complex systems, but I think most devs think that once the functionality is met that it's ready to ship. In actuality, you're probably only halfway there.
I see, I took a quick look at Oen's system and it's like exaltation forge+imbuements and extras. Thats nice, doesnt seem broken, and its simple that anyone can use.
You just described exaltation forge
It could be, but I took it as a crafting tree. A+B=C, C+D=E and so on instead of +1->+2->+3

Using my upgrade system is a good reference. I totally agree with @Eiffel about servers not customizing it enough. I myself made huge customization of it for a server, with a lot of changes which made the whole system way more complex but also more rewarding when used properly. For those who were familiar with crafting from Path of Exile instantly knew how to deal with it and made awesome items. Others struggled at first but managed at the end. Of course there were people that had no clue what to do unless you take their hand and go through everything step by step.
So yes, complex systems are great and worth making BUT make sure that you guide players through it (at least basics like what items to use, when, where etc.).

Using my upgrade system is a good reference. I totally agree with @Eiffel about servers not customizing it enough. I myself made huge customization of it for a server, with a lot of changes which made the whole system way more complex but also more rewarding when used properly. For those who were familiar with crafting from Path of Exile instantly knew how to deal with it and made awesome items. Others struggled at first but managed at the end. Of course there were people that had no clue what to do unless you take their hand and go through everything step by step.
So yes, complex systems are great and worth making BUT make sure that you guide players through it (at least basics like what items to use, when, where etc.).
now I read it more carefully, and realized you put the cast spell on hit %. That's an awesome thing. I remember there was this game called Warlords Battlecry 3 I played with some friends and I had a leader minotaur almost invincible because my equipments had these cast on hit spells too. One was iron skin (reduced 90% damage or more) and other was to cast some kind of meteor around and since he attacked so fast I could crush entire villages with just the leader character. Thanks for reminding me of that game.

Back