• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you play on your own server?

Do you play on your own server?

• No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

AGS

DeathSouls Owner
Reaction score
That's something I've always wanted to ask....

Do you play your own servers? Why? (I know you shouldn't play on the hosting computer, I'm talking about a different computer)

I used to play on my own servers, it's nice too see how you are playing on a server you created, with your own map, your own scripts.
By playing your own server, you can spot bugs, that many players don't see or don't mind reporting, but because it's your server, you want to make it almost perfect, so you fix every little bug you find.
Of course if people know you are the owner, they all start saying you use created items or you raise your level and your skills, etc.
It is true that I know all the quest and that's an advantage, but I keep them to myself, I don't tell anyone about quests, I don't give the items to anyone, I don't tell the server secrets to anyone.
And even though I know all the hunting spots, I'm not even in the top of the highscores or anything...

Vote: Yes.

I always have a level 100~ on the server(s) when testing or hanging out.

What for? Mostly because while I am on as the "Admin", I get spammed. I'll let the GM's deal with that and if they need something, they can just PM me.
Another reason is that while you're on a character that no one knows about, you hear chatter about bugs that should be fixed. (Cloning, etc.)

Do I play? Hm, enough to make it seem like I am active, yes.

Forgot to mention sometimes you hear chatter about botters ;)

Yes, sometimes, why?
1 - Worth to play since I know when it will close
2 - No corruption
3 - Search for bugs that players don't report
4 - Etc
5 - Coz is sweety

Yeah, the reason i like to make servers is not only for others, but for my own amusement too

Like other people said above, its useful to play since we can find bugs that no players will, to hang with friends/meet new friends and to go cheat-hunting :p

Back