• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you prefer option 1 or 2?

Marko999x

999x era
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
hi

1. Do u prefer good looking copied maps?

2. Do u prefer ugly maps but selfmade?

I don't think normal in-game players will really focus how the map looks as long as it doesn't have any bugs and it serves the thing its made for (PVP/Quest mission/Hunting ground)

1 .. and a half, depends on what your definition of ugly is.

Self-made maps are always welcome, and any effort towards making it worthwhile is a plus as long as the quality is better than average :)

If by ugly you mean:
1) Basic composition of the ground and decoration/details then it's not ugly, it's just bland. Not that bad if it actually serves the function it was created for (good layout for a hunting zone, quest, etc)
2) Square like rooms/passages with no detail whatsoever then yeah, it's too much.
3) The worst offender are the maps that are basically like number 2 but don't even make sense in the art style (A fire cavern with monsters that don't belong there, a city with floors/walls that don't blend together, etc - you get the point)

I prefer maps that have a good layout whether it be for hunting, questing, travelling, or shopping in a city. The amount of detail in them can vary, It doesn't bother me as long as it's not too crowded nor empty.
By good layout I don't mean for example, a thousand pathways in a cave that all lead to the main path once again, just cohesion in the place, if I can make some sort of a "lap" in different routes and that I don't stumble against rocks or too many obstacles during the hunt it's fine.
A map like Tiquanda's Jungle, while detailed and pretty, is a nightmare to walk in without map clicking for example, it serves the purpose of a jungle but it would make a terrible hunting layout.

Bad options, too broad and subjective.

A unique 'selfmade' map is always better for me i don't care if it's bland if it's new and that's probably true for most people because to be honest we all come from tibia, probably 7.x where the map literally consisted of the same 4 tiles, lol. Also who doesn't like experiencing new things?

I'd like to see someone create maps in old cip style (ghostlands, edron, thais troll cave, swamps east of dwarven bridge, etc). Though it's simple, very few people can actually recreate it well. They carry some feeling neither rpg servers nor self made maps were able to deliver. Regarding high level experience, I was comfortable playing: deeper banuta, yalahar demons, forg~ mines or even some island with hydras medusa/serpent spawn cave. These places were magical, yet so simple.

Im asking the question bcus I think its kinda boring to see the same map over and over
so why not a custom map which isnt the best mapped map but atleast custom + ( I can not see these overdetailed maps anymore ) xD
thats what im missing on open tibia some

Back