• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you think this RAM works on my comp ?

Kiman

Reality OT Staff
Reaction score
My computer itself has 1GB DDR2 RAM 667, but it's a Dell.
I've heard that Dell computers are only compatible with they own RAM, and I would like to buy this: Kingston DDR2 2048MB 667MHz CL5

Do you think it would work on my computer? Dont want to buy something that wont work.

Thank you for your replies.

Dont really need a new computer, My computer is fine. It's just the RAM that's outdated.

My computer itself has 1GB DDR2 RAM 667, but it's a Dell.
I've heard that Dell computers are only compatible with they own RAM, and I would like to buy this: Kingston DDR2 2048MB 667MHz CL5

Do you think it would work on my computer? Dont want to buy something that wont work.

Thank you for your replies.

Did you just srsly ask him much ram he has?

And yes you can run it.

If you have a DDR2 RAM obviously your computer can support DDR2 memorys.

It's simple, as long as the DDR matches (DDR, DDR2, DDR3), the ram will work. It is also impossible to insert wrong type of ram, they are physically different, and will not go into the slot unless inserted with excessive force.

It is also highly recommended that you pick a speed that matches the one your computer supports, if you use a different speed, the ram or FSB will have to clock down, and in come cases this can cause problems.

Also, do not EVER mix different speeds of ram in your slots, this will most likely prevent the PC from starting.

Look ram is ram no matter what it is -- just look for this to make sure its compatible..

How many pins is it?
is it DDR2 DDR3?
What is your computer memory standard?
What is your max capacity per dimm slot?

Basically you should see like:['Example!'] 240pin ddr2 1066mhz kingston hyperx ram (1024mb) x1

Anyway~ Pce
+rep if i helped :)

Well my computer has DDR2 1GB 667 Mhz RAM in it at the moment, so I guess the DDR2 2GB 667 Mhz RAM will work, going to buy it. Thanks :)

Woho, worked. Got 3 gb RAM now, will buy more later :)

Thank you for the help

Kiman, it would be easier to help you if you gave motherboard model. xD

Woho, worked. Got 3 gb RAM now, will buy more later :)

Thank you for the help

Just remember that you can't have more than 4GB (3.5 - 3.8 recognized by windows) if you're using a 32-bit operating system.

If you use vista don't bother buying awesome much RAM,
It only uses a small percentage of it.. So if you play a game or something, it'll only use 1GB MAX of your RAM instead of the 4 you've got which can be used.
Vista sucks..
I have no idea how this works with XP and 7.

Well, I've heard that before but its bullshit. That new card would work. Eventough, lookup for a shop that allows you to return the card if it doesn't work.

Back