• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Does anyone want an updated TFS 1.4.x+

I want you guys to get involved! You ideas, opinions, thoughts, I want to know all of that! I mean don't expect every idea or every thought that every person throws at me will be accepted and implemented, but they will most certainly all be considered!

I said before I am unsure if I should make the first release backwards compatible with 1.4.2 or to make it break backwards compatibility from the very first release, what do you guys think I should do? Go ahead and forgot worrying about backwards compatibility because its not going to be around forever, or go ahead and give at least one version that works with the old?

Ok I decided to make sure black tek has full backwards compatibility with 1.4.2 for the first few releases at least. Was back at it again doing work this weekend, figured I would share another update.

1713074868805.png

96 Commits and going!

I believe 10.98 should have Prey System and the Imbuiment from the 2016 update.

I always wanted to start a TFS 10.9X project using Prey/Imbuiment as a base for a low RPG project

Prey and imbuement system was added on tibia 10.100

I'm trying hard to add Imbuiments
1713187856766.png
Imbuement system with just a few more options than regular tibs, in the works! I will most likely add nekiro's extra item attributes first (reflect and stuff) from the main branch, before adding this, but it is in development already. The thing is how to handle fiends and such, should we make the monsters use skulls instead (remember we are using older client, 10.98). What would be you guys' suggestion? Don't worry, I will make it configurable in config.lua, and for those who don't want this imbuement system, they still have the ability to not use it, and make their own in lua.
Post automatically merged:

1713194256067.png

Last edited:
I for one would LOVE a new tfs 1.4

View attachment 83779
Imbuement system with just a few more options than regular tibs, in the works! I will most likely add nekiro's extra item attributes first (reflect and stuff) from the main branch, before adding this, but it is in development already. The thing is how to handle fiends and such, should we make the monsters use skulls instead (remember we are using older client, 10.98). What would be you guys' suggestion? Don't worry, I will make it configurable in config.lua, and for those who don't want this imbuement system, they still have the ability to not use it, and make their own in lua.

View attachment 83781
I think skulls and being able to choose which skill is a good idea. OR you could use one of the shield icons instead, to show a kind of "allyship".

Last edited:
View attachment 83779

View attachment 83781

Insane!
Release it and we can do pull requests aswell!

@Codinablack That's it, keep up the good work. Congratulations on your project! Let me ask: when you finish, are you going to release this TFS to the community, or is it just for your personal use?
Well that's why I started this thread :D

Insane!
Release it and we can do pull requests aswell!

I will open this repository to the the public soon, very soon. I am restricting access simply because I don't want to have to do any re-basing (because of other's PR's/Commits) right now, as I have a clear list of stuff that I want done.

BTW, this week I'm on vacation from my main job, so I have quite a bit extra time, and I plan on keeping up my momentum!

I for one would LOVE a new tfs 1.4

I think skulls and being able to choose which skill is a good idea. OR you could use one of the shield icons instead, to show a kind of "allyship".
I'm glad you would love to see a new 1.4!

I am a bit confused though when you say "choose which skill"... and "allyship" are we talking about the tibia monsters that drop the dust and shards?

I will open this repository to the the public soon, very soon. I am restricting access simply because I don't want to have to do any re-basing (because of other's PR's/Commits) right now, as I have a clear list of stuff that I want done.

BTW, this week I'm on vacation from my main job, so I have quite a bit extra time, and I plan on keeping up my momentum!

I am a bit confused though when you say "choose which skill"... and "allyship" are we talking about the tibia monsters that drop the dust and shards?

Can't wait to see it!

im very happy you doing this, im using 1.4.2 for my project, i think tibia 10.98 is the best client for a new OT project.

also 10,98 spr dat, item editor, object builder, rme, everything is available long time ago bug free.

i also did create with a friend a dll injector for tibia 10.98 it does (enable) the tutorial windows (because in 10,9x) versions it does not work.
also it does implement WASD walk feature. im also editing it now to add a XML note inside the client 10,98 folder, where you PUT the IP of your server and it does changes the tibia ip automatically on launch. PM me if you want the dll

677.png
is just a copy/paste dll that you put inside the client folder and done.

Q-W-E
A-S-D Walking! also i did configure f1 to number 1, f2 to #2 and so on.
Z-X-C

it also fix the tutorial modal (disabled in 10,9x versions)
here is the coded used on the dll to fix the tutorial

Lua:
typedef void _PrepareHint();
static  _PrepareHint* protoPrepareHint = 0;
typedef void _TriggerHint();
static  _TriggerHint* protoTriggerHint = 0;
void HintsFix(){
    asm("movzx %al, %esi");
    asm("mov %esi, -0xF8(%ebp)");
    asm("lea -0x1(%esi), %eax");
    asm("cmp $0x26, %eax");
    asm("ja skok");
    asm("push %esi");
    protoPrepareHint();
    asm("movb $1, (%eax)");
    asm("skok:");
    asm("push $0");
    asm("push %esi");
    asm("push $0x45");
    protoTriggerHint();
    asm("nop");
}

in DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH:
protoPrepareHint = (_PrepareHint*)(baseAddress + 0x1BBDC0);
protoTriggerHint = (_TriggerHint*)(baseAddress + 0x198050);
HookCall(baseAddress + 0X37267, (DWORD)&HintsFix);
Nop(baseAddress + 0x3726C, 4);

555555555555.png

so this does enable tibia 10,98 with WASD walking, tutorials for new players.
editing the tibia PIC, u can change the images of the tutorial for custom ones for your project,
and editing the tibia client with HEX EDITOR you can edit what it does say in every tutorial they go from tutorial 1 to 49
so u can add lots of tutorials for new projects. in a pretty way.

and for the preys i did it on my own imagination

prey.png

i did create 32x32 "cards" for each creature, each card last 1h, they run out (when you use it on the arrow slot) so you can use the cards when you killing and when de-equip it does stop the decay timing.

also this cards cannot be moved out of the store only to the arrow slot, and you can TRADE it with players (to make the server more funn).

and for the daily reward streak i just did a "room" with a chest per each day of the week.

Sin título.png

for the transparency i did "fake it" with my corel paintproshop skills

1713239743309.png

i just did the animation of 50% water and 50% items "grounds etc" underwater and as you can see i did import the sprites with the "fake" underwater effect like tibia did with the greenish/blue sea the did.

so this leaves a tibia 10,98 with, prey "card" system, transparent sprites, WASD walking, tutorial modal window, daily reward room.

what are my next goals to keep the 10,98 updated?

1, reproduce sounds in lua. (every time you move, use, step on) items, and a second background sound depending on xxx/xxx/x are you are.
(the main idea is a FOLDER with all the smalls sounds in mkv format) and the DLL plays them when you use/step/click the item on the client.

2, move items stacks of 2 -100 without asking. (almost done)

3, make the autoupdate works to ONLY erase and download the spr/dat/pic automatically.

i am open to share many of this mods for the 10,98 just PM me. im very fan of 10.98 version, i have spend MANY HOURS of dedication to create the DLLS, TRANSPARENCY, PREYS etc

i also will share everything in a simple rar. whenever is ready with sounds and everything.

Ok so I have started working on a project that will break away from OT. I have started with the base as TFS 1.4.2 (because it has a suitable client to connect with). I have been doing many of the "fixes" and such from the main branch, and I also replaced the garbage CMake build system for Premake. Premake has been around for a very long time, its used by big companies like Blizzard, and even recommended by one of my favorite C++ Youtube Devs "The Cherno".

Anyways, the point is this, eventually I will get to the point of not using the commits from the main branch or other forks anymore, and start introducing stuff that has nothing to do with the leg bone...

Is there anyone out there who would want a copy of this version after I am done commit farming and fixing it up, before I drop everything that has to do with cip?

If so, what is it everyone really is looking for in an updated 10.98 server?

Does anyone want an updated TFS 1.4.x+​

YES! i have been working in the updated 10,98 client. hope we can work together

Last edited:
im very happy you doing this, im using 1.4.2 for my project, i think tibia 10.98 is the best client for a new OT project.

also 10,98 spr dat, item editor, object builder, rme, everything is available long time ago bug free.

i also did create with a friend a dll injector for tibia 10.98 it does (enable) the tutorial windows (because in 10,9x) versions it does not work.
also it does implement WASD walk feature. im also editing it now to add a XML note inside the client 10,98 folder, where you PUT the IP of your server and it does changes the tibia ip automatically on launch. PM me if you want the dll

View attachment 83805
is just a copy/paste dll that you put inside the client folder and done.

Q-W-E
A-S-D Walking! also i did configure f1 to number 1, f2 to #2 and so on.
Z-X-C

it also fix the tutorial modal (disabled in 10,9x versions)
here is the coded used on the dll to fix the tutorial

Lua:
typedef void _PrepareHint();
static  _PrepareHint* protoPrepareHint = 0;
typedef void _TriggerHint();
static  _TriggerHint* protoTriggerHint = 0;
void HintsFix(){
    asm("movzx %al, %esi");
    asm("mov %esi, -0xF8(%ebp)");
    asm("lea -0x1(%esi), %eax");
    asm("cmp $0x26, %eax");
    asm("ja skok");
    asm("push %esi");
    protoPrepareHint();
    asm("movb $1, (%eax)");
    asm("skok:");
    asm("push $0");
    asm("push %esi");
    asm("push $0x45");
    protoTriggerHint();
    asm("nop");
}

in DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH:
protoPrepareHint = (_PrepareHint*)(baseAddress + 0x1BBDC0);
protoTriggerHint = (_TriggerHint*)(baseAddress + 0x198050);
HookCall(baseAddress + 0X37267, (DWORD)&HintsFix);
Nop(baseAddress + 0x3726C, 4);

View attachment 83812

so this does enable tibia 10,98 with WASD walking, tutorials for new players.
editing the tibia PIC, u can change the images of the tutorial for custom ones for your project,
and editing the tibia client with HEX EDITOR you can edit what it does say in every tutorial they go from tutorial 1 to 49
so u can add lots of tutorials for new projects. in a pretty way.

and for the preys i did it on my own imagination

View attachment 83813

i did create 32x32 "cards" for each creature, each card last 1h, they run out (when you use it on the arrow slot) so you can use the cards when you killing and when de-equip it does stop the decay timing.

also this cards cannot be moved out of the store only to the arrow slot, and you can TRADE it with players (to make the server more funn).

and for the daily reward streak i just did a "room" with a chest per each day of the week.

View attachment 83814

for the transparency i did "fake it" with my corel paintproshop skills

View attachment 83815

i just did the animation of 50% water and 50% items "grounds etc" underwater and as you can see i did import the sprites with the "fake" underwater effect like tibia did with the greenish/blue sea the did.

so this leaves a tibia 10,98 with, prey "card" system, transparent sprites, WASD walking, tutorial modal window, daily reward room.

what are my next goals to keep the 10,98 updated?

1, reproduce sounds in lua. (every time you move, use, step on) items, and a second background sound depending on xxx/xxx/x are you are.
(the main idea is a FOLDER with all the smalls sounds in mkv format) and the DLL plays them when you use/step/click the item on the client.

2, move items stacks of 2 -100 without asking. (almost done)

3, make the autoupdate works to ONLY erase and download the spr/dat/pic automatically.

i am open to share many of this mods for the 10,98 just PM me. im very fan of 10.98 version, i have spend MANY HOURS of dedication to create the DLLS, TRANSPARENCY, PREYS etc

i also will share everything in a simple rar. whenever is ready with sounds and everything.

Does anyone want an updated TFS 1.4.x+​

YES! i have been working in the updated 10,98 client. hope we can work together
Wow! You have done quite a lot of amazing things for the 10.98 client!!!!
Outstanding work!

I 100% agree with you about there being many of tools and things for the 10.98 client that are bug free and time tested!

This is some exciting things you have done with the client :D
I am curious as to what all things are possible with the kind of work you are doing 🤔

I have always been skeptical of ".dll injections" as I myself have had far too many bad encounters with such things, but I have to say I am quite intrigued!

Oh, I forgot to say, I think that the tutorial working is awesome, but that water and some of those sprites you have and such, even more so!

Damn. I expected my above message to be merged, didn't realize someone had already messaged after me :D

SO for the above its @Cardinale

Oh, I forgot to say, I think that the tutorial working is awesome, but that water and some of those sprites you have and such, even more so!

Damn. I expected my above message to be merged, didn't realize someone had already messaged after me :D

get merge sniped, noob. 🤣

💖

everything is possible with dll injection but is it worth it at the end of the day? No i

is not hard, i will make a video soon and upload on how to add the "water animation" above any sprite. so people will use this on their OTS

1713242145573.png

and for the DLL injector, IS not really an "injector" im just pushing the code i post above and "intercepting" the keyboard keys to send ARROWS keys instead of WASD KEYS. the code itself is 7kb long, i will share it for futher improvements

this is a little preview of i did write the dll code

1713242398431.png

it does work like tibia rl, ENTER set the chat off, WASD on, press enter again, disables WASD enables normal keys, u want to shut it off for real? CTRL + TAB.

everything is possible with dll injection but is it worth it at the end of the day? No idea
it really depends, i want to use 10,98 yes or yes.

also the code is done, i did spend some weekends struggling with it but works flashy

I was tired when I wrote that, sorry! I meant instead of skulls, you can use party shields (like grey, green, blue, etc)

I was tired when I wrote that, sorry! I meant instead of skulls, you can use party shields (like grey, green, blue, etc)
Yeah I like that idea! Perhaps I will just make the icon that is on the monster configurable via config.lua so each user can decide which icon indicates a fiend and such.

@Marko999x, @Ahilphino , @Mateus Robeerto , @Darks Wings , @ForgottenNot , @Jaed Le Raep , @Cardinale, @Joriku

Sorry to tag everyone, but if you guys want a sample to play with, I may just release a download for people to try out the build system and some of the features, and the code base itself, by the end of this week.

What I need to know from you guys, and anyone else who is reading this who wants to try it out, which Operating System can you attempt to use the build system on for me? Its already been tested on windows 10 and manjaro for sure, what OS's do you guys have, or have access to?

@Marko999x, @Ahilphino , @Mateus Robeerto , @Darks Wings , @ForgottenNot , @Jaed Le Raep , @Cardinale, @Joriku

Sorry to tag everyone, but if you guys want a sample to play with, I may just release a download for people to try out the build system and some of the features, and the code base itself, by the end of this week.

What I need to know from you guys, and anyone else who is reading this who wants to try it out, which Operating System can you attempt to use the build system on for me? Its already been tested on windows 10 and manjaro for sure, what OS's do you guys have, or have access to?

only windows 10

Back