• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Does creature:say has color function?

henkas

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi
i cant find any information how i suppose to change creature:say text color or is it related with source?

Solution
What a coincidence i'm using 8.6 to so that means i can use doSendAnimatedText. So how should i accomplish by goal with doSendAnimatedText and apply different text color on creature?
next time provide details about your tfs & client version so we don't have to waste time going back and forth for 5 hours to reach an answer
ninjalulz/forgottenserver
Lua:
Game.sendAnimatedText("Test", creature:getPosition(), TEXTCOLOR_RED)
there is no more colors for text unless it's numbers only.
cip changed the client so that the only colors you can use basically is for damage/healing numbers, not strings

there is no more colors for text unless it's numbers only.
cip changed the client so that the only colors you can use basically is for damage/healing numbers, not strings
You mean color numbers from const.cpp? So basically how does it work with numbers then? Something like this?
creature:say("Test", TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY, 30)?

you can't color TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY, the only thing you can color is
C++:
    MESSAGE_DAMAGE_DEALT = 23,
    MESSAGE_DAMAGE_RECEIVED = 24,
    MESSAGE_HEALED = 25,
    MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE = 26,
    MESSAGE_DAMAGE_OTHERS = 27,
    MESSAGE_HEALED_OTHERS = 28,
    MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE_OTHERS = 29,

Lua:
player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE, nil, player:getPosition(), 100, TEXTCOLOR_RED)
that will pop up 100 in red on the player's position
you can't put any value in place of 100 other than another number, replacing 100 with "test" won't work

you can't color TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY, the only thing you can color is
C++:
    MESSAGE_DAMAGE_DEALT = 23,
    MESSAGE_DAMAGE_RECEIVED = 24,
    MESSAGE_HEALED = 25,
    MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE = 26,
    MESSAGE_DAMAGE_OTHERS = 27,
    MESSAGE_HEALED_OTHERS = 28,
    MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE_OTHERS = 29,

Lua:
player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE, nil, player:getPosition(), 100, TEXTCOLOR_RED)
that will pop up 100 in red on the player's position
you can't put any value in place of 100 other than another number, replacing 100 with "test" won't work
Hmm but this way it doesnt support letters only numbers

that's what i'm saying. it's impossible to use letters now because cip changed the client to where it doesn't support letters for animated text anymore, only numbers.
if you want animated text back you need to use otclient and make these changes Animated Text Support for OT Client 10.98/99 - TFS 1.3
Ech cip really made stupid change. So maybe is possible to change TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY main color? I mean the original TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY color. I'm pretty sure its possible but not sure how/where.

Ech cip really made stupid change. So maybe is possible to change TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY main color? I mean the original TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY color. I'm pretty sure its possible but not sure how/where.
if you wanted to change the color you'd have to edit the client, the color has absolutely nothing to do with the source

Thats cant be true. I saw couple servers that had creature:say with different color and with their own text and it was regular tibia client
if it wasn't true doSendAnimatedText wouldn't have been deprecated
the client is either custom or using it might be using dll injections
what servers are you talking about?

if it wasn't true doSendAnimatedText wouldn't have been deprecated
the client is either custom or using it might be using dll injections
what servers are you talking about?
I dont really remember but the first server that i saw was "Pokemon" style and the second server was "Dragon Ball" as i remember i saw the green color with text critical on creature but i dont really remember the names of these server but i'm sure it wasnt otclient because i played with elfbot on both. Yea maybe it was dlls because i never heard about it and i have no clue what is dll in tibia world.

I dont really remember but the first server that i saw was "Pokemon" style and the second server was "Dragon Ball" as i remember i saw the green color with text critical on creature but i dont really remember the names of these server but i'm sure it wasnt otclient because i played with elfbot on both. Yea maybe it was dlls because i never heard about it and i have no clue what is dll in tibia world.
if you played with elfbot it was 8.6, 8.6 has doSendAnimatedText
cip changed the client somewhere around 9.x to where you can't use doSendAnimatedText anymore, so all versions after that change can't use it

if you played with elfbot it was 8.6, 8.6 has doSendAnimatedText
cip changed the client somewhere around 9.x to where you can't use doSendAnimatedText anymore, so all versions after that change can't use it
What a coincidence i'm using 8.6 to so that means i can use doSendAnimatedText. So how should i accomplish by goal with doSendAnimatedText and apply different text color on creature?

next time provide details about your tfs & client version so we don't have to waste time going back and forth for 5 hours to reach an answer
ninjalulz/forgottenserver
Lua:
Game.sendAnimatedText("Test", creature:getPosition(), TEXTCOLOR_RED)

Solution
Back