• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Does new tfs limit overall player speed?

Marko999x

999x era
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I have made some tests between TFS 0.3.6 and TFS 1.5 from Nekiro ( 8.60 )
It feels like the overall playerspeed is limited on newer tfs?
Using 1000 speed and 1500 speed makes no difference at all
Using 1.5 on OTCv8 makes player "lagging" as example on speed 900 while 0.3.6 does not lag?
1500 Speed is way slower on TFS 1.5 than on TFS 0.3.6 at same speed

( This has been only tested on OTCv8. ) The speed movement is still slower on cip client but not lagging.

Well, Tfs 0.4 movement A* star algorithm is different, speed formula that affected the way speed acts the difference now in tfs 1.x between 1500 and 1700 is insane while it is just 200 points tho, i believe it has changed for a better movement formula and less usage on processor

So it seems like it has been done for a better performance?
Its all cool but still its a really bad movement system right now if u ask me

So it seems like it has been done for a better performance?
Its all cool but still its a really bad movement system right now if u ask me
Ye i agree, thats why i implemented all possible upgrades to the system by changing the A* algorithm to a lighter one [Available here on otland maybe search on google for a* algorithm otland (never use otland search engine no offense)] and there is also another change you can make about the walking system that is available also on otcv8 repository and use the all their walking systems they work good with the A* algorithm finally you can try to use multi-threaded systems like mutex to multi thread the walking system that would make your server easy 1k online 20-30% on cpu unsage with whatever algorithm for movement you want

This is the limit (1500 means 750 in Skills window)

Also maybe try using this game feature while you are using v8

Do I need the changes from otcv8 tfs to make this feature enable? or is it enough to enable it on features.lua?

I noticed some issues in speed, using 8.6 downgrade too.
A level 200 with utani hur has the same speed as a level 280 with utani hur.

Back