• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Donation for otland

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamkiller1

Reaction score
Hello, I currently use the otservnetworks, but I'm happy, I wonder how I can contribute financially here, if there is a VIP area, if there is some way. Forgive me for English, I am using a translator ...

Thanks ...

There are donations.In your control panel go to paid subscriptions. These are the benefits
Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]Donator
Benefits of a donator subscription:

Access to the Donators board which is exclusively for the Donators. 
Bold username in blue. 
Ability to use a larger avatar picture. 
Host more files and with larger size to your image gallery/album. 
Larger private message inbox 
Ability to delete your own posts. 
Ability to close/open your own threads. 
Ability to use animated avatars. 
1000 more characters in your signature. 
1 more line in your signature. 
Ability to use text-size 7 in signature. 
By donating you understand that a donation is a gift to support OtLand where you cannot expect anything back in return, however as stated there are some benefits which MAY BE CHANGED at ANYTIME to fit the standards of OtLand. You understand that you will lose the benefits as soon as your donator subscription has expired. You also understand that we, the administrators of OtLand, reserve the right to remove your benefits at any time for any reason. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
Do you have a VIP area, with access to different things as maps, distributions, scripts?

There is some board with scripts that were never released to the public.

Yes, we got exclusive script for donators, and you can always keep up to date with the newest versions of TFS.

Also, TFS 0.4 is leaked there, only for donators.

agree with Znote, but only from boards of donator i only like TFS 0.4 =)

Yes, we got exclusive script for donators, and you can always keep up to date with the newest versions of TFS.

Also, TFS 0.4 is leaked there, only for donators.

What's the difference between 0.3.6 and 0.4? :eek:

or to be more precise.. what's so good with 0.4 (that 0.3.6 doesn't have?)

What's the difference between 0.3.6 and 0.4? :eek:

or to be more precise.. what's so good with 0.4 (that 0.3.6 doesn't have?)

War system, faster hash, more hash, better debug, all warnings fix, alot of bugfixes, removed the horrible GUI, milisecond actions, hmm, i could continue on for like 20 minutes.

lol really? But if I donate and get 0.4, then can I still transfer my scripts from 0.3.6 to 0.4 without any bugs or making it worse?

I think it's lame to restrict 0.4 to donators, unless it's still Beta. Seeing the developers don't get anything off the donations anyway, it's only fair to release it to the public.

I didn't donate for the benefits however. I've never used anything from the Donators board, I think it's only lame to "donate" mainly to access that board, that makes OtLand sink to the level of OTServers with "donation" systems. Doesn't surprise me anyhow as Softcores also does it :)

I think it's lame to restrict 0.4 to donators, unless it's still Beta. Seeing the developers don't get anything off the donations anyway, it's only fair to release it to the public.

I didn't donate for the benefits however. I've never used anything from the Donators board, I think it's only lame to "donate" mainly to access that board, that makes OtLand sink to the level of OTServers with "donation" systems. Doesn't surprise me anyhow as Softcores also does it :)

It was made private because the developpers was sick of reports from the SVN instead of reports from the main release when they even made a thread explaining which kind of bug you should report and why etc, but still the persons apparently wanted to make their own sources private by not following and applying the reports section rules.

We have finally moved to a private subversion, all The Forgotten Server developers who want access to this should contact me through a private message, until you do you will be counted as an inactive developer.

The reason why we are moving to a private subversion is because the users have prooven that they cannot have access to the bleeding edge version without spamming our boards with bugs from these versions.

This is only for The Forgotten Server developers, if you aren't in our development team don't waste your time asking me for access to the subversion, you'll just end up ignored.

BTW: I didn't donated for the sources or any content on the donator board.

Last edited:

It's not even a beta. It's a development version. It's not stable or anything. Me or Elf might commit something that breaks all your scripts in 0.4, unlike 0.2 and 0.3.

0.4 WILL be avaible for everyone when it's ready for beta/rc.

@up
lol xD! can make donations with SMS? xD

can be 1 month = 5 SMS / 2 months = 9 SMS / 3 months = 13 SMS
i think you will win more for payment hosting from otland

Last edited:
I've donated to support otland.
The beneficts are great, but still they were just a bonus.

I had NO TROUBLE AT ALL to update to 0.4.0 (Which is a development version, but is stable to enough for me to use as the distro for my server).
I believe there's stuff to be done.
And releasing it to the public might take some time , since it still has some features to be improved, like Stian said (Although I think the lastest SVN is just perfect).

Its funny how people will complain about the stupidest things...I HATE DONATIONS ZOMG...so otland is paying for there forum + a small profit WHO CARES! I dont lose any sleep, its a great forum..its fun to be here, why do people post about the dumbest stuff omg im gonna go rage...i cant even type anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back