• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Donation Profits

How do you feel about donations rewarded with items?

• It's unfair and ruins balance on the server.

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • I really don't care.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I think its wounderful

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Kokko

Reaction score
How much money does your Ot make from donations every week/month?

I'm soon gonna release my custom map server, and im very sure it will be successful.

But I want to investigate how much you actually earn from donation money.

So please tell me how much do you earn?

Please also answer my poll

Donations can be very good and very bad it is a double edged blade.
I made about 200$ over all on my ot's But I never asked anyone for donation items they asked for them.. People like donation items cause it makes them unique to the server they love playing.

Well i understand that they like the custom items, but in many cases its weapons with like 100atk which makes the players with custom items superior.

How long did you have your ot up?

i never runned a donation server before but soon my first one soon will, try to make it NOT overpowered, more powerfull won't be that big issue unless its way too strong.

Donations shops are cool with me when they don't have the OP or unique items in them...if I can get most donation items ingame, I'm okay with them, but when they are the 1337 +100% max mana items on war servers or such and just make the person horribly OP'd...pisses me off

Mostly pissed about 95% of these real/evo maps making money off little work...

This is the shit that otservers become...

People only think about getting money with download-and-run servers... ridiculous. The worst part is the tibian nerds that are paying real money for items/VIP in a pirate server...

Let me guess.. your ot will be a "realmap with north zao", will start at 100x and stops at 1x at lvl 250, will be in a dedicated server in USA with processor Core 90 Duo, 999gb ram and 1tb internet connection, will use that stupid gesior website with "shop system" and.... well, what I missed? How creative...
Congratulations, you are 1 in 1 million...

People only think about getting money with download-and-run servers... ridiculous. The worst part is the tibian nerds that are paying real money for items/VIP in a pirate server...

Let me guess.. your ot will be a "realmap with north zao", will start at 100x and stops at 1x at lvl 250, will be in a dedicated server in USA with processor Core 90 Duo, 999gb ram and 1tb internet connection, will use that stupid gesior website with "shop system" and.... well, what I missed? How creative...

maybe you should read first? on the main post it says custom map.. owned

you forgot gengia+oken+pyre.
lol, i hate those maps.

maybe you should read first? on the main post it says custom map.. owned

wowwww nice job dudee
yOu MaDe A cUsToM mAp

what about the rest I said? did I lied at any moment? will you make a custom website and a custom distro too? at least custom scripts?
you know that there are thousand servers that looks the same, and you know that you are only increasing this number

stupid people thinking in money more than anything

Congratulations, you are 1 in 1 million, and so will be your server

Actually i never even thought about the money untill i saw threads about donor money, looking for a good host. And i personally dont think my map is like evryone else's but sure all maps have similarities. We are using the same sprites and graphics actually.

I even voted on alternative number 1. So why you are giving me shit i dont know. I was thinking of paying for a expensive hosting company and thought I could get the money back through donations.

wowwww nice job dudee
yOu MaDe A cUsToM mAp

what about the rest I said? did I lied at any moment? will you make a custom website and a custom distro too? at least custom scripts?
you know that there are thousand servers that looks the same, and you know that you are only increasing this number

stupid people thinking in money more than anything

Congratulations, you are 1 in 1 million, and so will be your server

Dude as long as the map is Custom and made by himself. And has unique and custom scripts. Even if he uses Gesior acc, good on him for making a custom map with unique scripts.

Now lets just hope he doesn't fuck it up.
But I mean if he really wants money and a consistant income, he should really just get a real job.
I absolutely hate people that make money off of 'download-and-run' servers.
I really hope his custom map isn't crappy, but it should be decent and large-ish if he wants to makes money :D

i have ex: knight donation armor 18 arm 5% physical protection but i also have in my ot a non-vip armor (duh or else nothing is free) but i got some what are simliar to the donation armor but slightly weaker like 16 arm and 3% physical protection. wich makes still interesting its what you want to decide for full power and easy? or more also great power but more harder/adventure

Must Say that I am not planning on making my own scripts, because I dont have the knowledge. Though i use scripts and i edit them quite alot to make it relevant and nice for my ot. I will also constantly update with new quests/spawns etc, the server will be ran on a distrobution, but evrything will be changed to fit my map, i have already put in alot of work. I will use the donor money to keep the server running, im hosting it for the players enjoyment. And if they like the server they should help keep it online, i enjoy making it and keeping it up, but after a while all work is exhausting, and therefore I deserve to take any left over money that did not go to server host.

Asfor the AAC i will use a distro not sure which one yet, but I will make my own design for the homepage.

Back