• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Donations, what are your thoughts?

I dont call it "donations" on my server, i call it "SMS shop", i am selling service - premium points, i am paying taxes for it etc..

If regarding an OT server, it's quite simple:

If you call your donations anything else but "Donations", you are quite literally making money off something cipsoft created. This is illegal.

This will also result in CIPsoft sueing your ass off the second they find out about it.

So either you call your donations "Donations" or you pay a hefty lawsuit bill of around 100,000 Euros or more to CIPsoft GmBH. Your choice.

Have donation on their server isn't illegal, cuz CipSoft hasn't Item Shop or SMS shop, They have paypal and Card Credits, so far as i know its legal.
and i know tibia is Copyright, but people use their own map and ofc how hell can they sue you, their is like 000.00.1% that they sue you, since they just have warn Classictibia.com

Have donation on their server isn't illegal, cuz CipSoft hasn't Item Shop or SMS shop, They have paypal and Card Credits, so far as i know its legal.
and i know tibia is Copyright, but people use their own map and ofc how hell can they sue you, their is like 000.00.1% that they sue you, since they just have warn Classictibia.com

As I said in the post you quoted; Having a shop where people BUY things from you, gives CIPsoft legal right to sue you. But if you use the term "donations" it gets harder to legally sue you for earning money off their work.

lemme put on my muhfuckn /careface!

donations sux, now no one makes servers for 'fun' anymore...it's all about generating income...

I love when some owners adds donations and says 'to help pay for dedicated' when max players online are 15~ at peak times...

I got myself a Server, with an Item Shop. My shop is kinda cheap, and I invest most of the money into the dedicated Server. I already gave ELF some money, and soon STIAN should get something from me aswell. Without them, there would be no "Item Shop". So if you both read it, I really wanna say thanks to you.
And about the income. I ain't getting alot since as I said, my shop is kinda cheap and my items ain't overpowered. Just few upgrades, nothing else. Also not many people are playing it, since I'm not someone who is spoofing chars so getting on top of an otservlist site. People should respect each other in my opinion.

Back