• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Don't get married

well you could still be a complete woman with marriage (unless your partner sucks), but yes I agree

A lot of people ask me what my biggest fear is, or what scares me the most.

I know they expect an answer like heights, or closed spaces, or people dressed like animals, but how do I tell them that when I was 17, I took a class called Relationships For Life, and I learned that most people fall out of love for the same reasons they fell in it?

That their lover's once endearing stubbornness has now become refusal to compromise and their one track mind is now immaturity and their bad habits that you once adored is now money down the drain. Their spontaneity becomes reckless and irresponsible and their feet up on the dash is no longer sexy, just another distraction in your busy life.

Nothing saddens and scares me like the thought that I can become ugly to someone who once thought all the stars were in my eyes.

I know they expect an answer like heights, or closed spaces, or people dressed like animals, but how do I tell them that when I was 17, I took a class called Relationships For Life, and I learned that most people fall out of love for the same reasons they fell in it?

That their lover's once endearing stubbornness has now become refusal to compromise and their one track mind is now immaturity and their bad habits that you once adored is now money down the drain. Their spontaneity becomes reckless and irresponsible and their feet up on the dash is no longer sexy, just another distraction in your busy life.

Nothing saddens and scares me like the thought that I can become ugly to someone who once thought all the stars were in my eyes.
5G U Ok Hun GIF by ThreeUK

Tbh, I don't wanna get married.. If I get divorced, I'd lose half of my things! And I already have nothing! So I'll be even worse off >:[

It's not necessary, but having a partner that respects you does feel nice, especially when things get tough. Hope you find a solution that brings happiness.

I learned that most people fall out of love for the same reasons they fell in it?
If by this you mean "cheating" or leaving a partner for another then it makes sense because you will naturally be drawn to the better option, if there is any.

become ugly to someone who once thought all the stars were in my eyes.
Love is a fluctuating thing; emotions. It is not a constant in nature,
the face which you think is sweet and cute today might and probably will look horrible and ugly tomorrow.

There's however another definition for this word that I've come across before;
It is that you "love" someone if you accept them for who they are; their behaviour, mindset, looks, flaws, etc

I don't believe in true love but it's all about how much you want to put into a relationship with someone. Some people get bored or don't like the idea of being stuck.

I've been with the same woman for close to 10 years now, and even though we have our fights and issues we still try to make it work. I'm lucky that I found someone that is similar in that she tries to solve the issues rather than leave whenever times get tough.

In the end, find your happiness whether it be being tied down with someone or just having casual relationships.

That hit me hard. Wish I could go back in time and take better decisions.

That hit me hard. Wish I could go back in time and make better desisions.
I basically live by this motto that I created, after doing some soul searching.

"I want to become the best person possible.
(while failing to do so as little as possible)"

For any relationship, personal or otherwise, Communication is key.
Always work on bettering yourself, even if you are in a good position / state of mind.

If you know that you are being the best possible person you can be, then you know your decisions up to that point in time were the best you could make.

Sure, it's possible that those decisions weren't the best options available to you, when you look back and find out what went wrong, But, you can know that it was the best possible decision you could have made at that point in time, and if you no longer think that it was the best decision, that means you as a person are progressing and learning from your mistakes.

You probably won't make those same decisions now, and that's great.
You've grown as a person, and will continue to grow.

Have comfort in that;
and continue to make the best decisions you can, into the future.

Who asked you that question?
Ahh yes, I also get that question daily.
Was back when I was 17/18/19.
Getting to know new people, getting into my first real job, starting college.

Wasn't exactly an uncommon question.

--
Anyway the sentence is slightly wrong.. seems I missed a few words.
"A lot of people have asked me what my biggest fear is, or what scares me the most."

5G U Ok Hun GIF by ThreeUK

Tbh, I don't wanna get married.. If I get divorced, I'd lose half of my things! And I already have nothing! So I'll be even worse off >:[

Yeah you think you have nothing, but they take half of your nothing. Been there done that, would not do again.

Tinder ftw

Back