• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dos atacks, Ddos.. and etc..

oceano

Reaction score
Anyway to hide my game port? of port scans?

My f wall sometimes blocks and others dont block..
as i ve seen i change game port but in a lil time then discovery it... and some 10 pcs massively dos attack... at game port until my f wall allow one of them and make some 30000 connections at game port freezin my pc.. and ot..

Thanks waiting

We have.. login port.. normally 7171 this isn t the problem.
and game port, this is the problem.. them are finding it.. and attacking.

Someone else, any help?

you would "always" have a port open thats seen to the public... unless its Custom Client only? maybe im wrong but i guess if they werent using a IP changer, and you werent telling them the port... for example even igf you used a different port, your players would still need to know it to connect to the server themselves...

ive went through 2 firewalls and i still couldnt resolve this,

I used all firewalls in the world :D kkkkk don t yet...

But for example my ot freeze because of the ammount of connections at game port, not login port. Them spam game port.. if create a rule at sources or.. something.. saying for example limit of connections for this otserver/program at game port is 300 for example or block port connection for the player that try to makes 3 connections in a certain time...

It would solve the problem?

Hard to be hoster o_O

you would "always" have a port open thats seen to the public... unless its Custom Client only?

Actually even when using a custom client, you can still find out the port and even IP rather easily by checking the active connection log, it will display what application connects to what IP on what port.

As long as you have a port open, and available to the public, you are subjected to DDOS attacks. It's as simple as that.

If you don't want to risk getting DDOS'ed, don't run a server.

There is ways to minimize DDOS attacks, by getting a router that supports blocking of PING-requests, this will prevent at least the noobs from DDOS'ing you.
Of course the more experienced hackers can still send other data to that open port of yours, thus effectively DDOS'ing you despite all the protection you have.

The only way to effectively prevent DDOS attacks would be to bridge multiple connections to your server via a LAN setup, thus making the server run independantly of a specific IP.
Thus once someone starts DDOS'ing one IP, you can simply switch to another IP on another connection, and once that gets DDOS'ed, you switch to another IP, and so on, until the ones doing the DDOS gives up.

Back