• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua doSendAnimatedText for TFS 1.0

Sir Islam

Never Give Up
Solutions
Reaction score
Help to convert for TFS 1.0

Code:
function doSendAnimatedText(pos, text, color, cid)
    if tonumber(text) then
        text = tonumber(text)
        if cid and isPlayer(cid) then
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE_OTHERS, '', text, color, pos)
        else
            local t = getSpectators(pos, 7, 5, false)
            if t then
                for _, cid in ipairs(t) do
                    if isPlayer(cid) then
                        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE_OTHERS, '', text, color, pos)
                    end
                end
            end
        end
    else
        if cid and isCreature(cid) then
            doCreatureSay(cid, text, TALKTYPE_MONSTER)
        else
            local t = getSpectators(pos, 7, 5, false)
            if t then
                for _, cid in ipairs(t) do
                    if isPlayer(cid) then
                        doCreatureSay(cid, text, TALKTYPE_MONSTER, false, cid, pos)
                    end
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

It is not a great script, in aspect yes.. but the problem is that each time you write and then the animation is sent the client will remove your message.
In other words this suxs on a server where you actually can talk.

Ooh, thanks for saying this I never noticed that in my server but after reading this and testing I can see how players will get annoyed by it - I'm guessing that there's no way to fix this without a custom client? Since I have many features using the "say" function especially when players are in combat so would be lovely to be able to fix this without a custom client but I guess that is impossible without a custom client?

Fuck cipsoft for removing that animated text from before... just having text like that allows for much more cool stuff =_=

Last edited:
Ooh, thanks for saying this I never noticed that in my server but after reading this and testing I can see how players will get annoyed by it - I'm guessing that there's no way to fix this without a custom client? Since I have many features using the "say" function especially when players are in combat so would be lovely to be able to fix this without a custom client but I guess that is impossible without a custom client?

Fuck cipsoft for removing that animated text from before... just having text like that allows for much more cool stuff =_=

Well you can ex support OTClient and use a globalevent script to give points for those players that uses OTClient (that way players will wanna use it - but at the same time they are not forced to).
You can use the say function, but if you spam it like with teleports talking it will remove everything on the screen as I have stated.
But it's totally fine sending out one or two on the screen, just like monsters do.
Other then that there is no way.

Ye feel the same xD Like what was the reason?
They must have noticed that OT owners use that more then anything...

my tfs is 1.76 and i dont know how to use networkmessage class i try learn scripts of tfs 1.00 +

https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/blob/master/src/luascript.cpp#L1930-L1955

Gajs, how do i get TFS 1.76??? I have only TFS 1.2,

@Ontopic. What client version do you have ? 10.4x or 10.77?

Gajs, how do i get TFS 1.76??? I have only TFS 1.2,

@Ontopic. What client version do you have ? 10.4x or 10.77?

Most likely 10.76, a person who uses that tibiaking version does not know how to update the protocol xD

:p That's why i asked 60% of OTland uses tibiakings TFS 1.0.

Yeah really sad that people prefer to use 1.0, like saying you can get a free car either a brand new one or one that is a year old.
Also the code quality has gotten better, really there is no reason at all to stay with 1.0 compared to 1.1 or 1.2.

But cheap people who don't wanna pay for a cast system will run into more problems rather then skipping it / buying one xD

Back