• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Doubt about InnoDB as a default storage engine

KaczooH

Co tu wpisac?
Reaction score
The question is simple. Why InnoDB (and not MyISAM) is a default storage engine in TFS?

InnoDB is definitely and alot faster than MyISAM. Another reason is that MyISAM doesn't support transactions. Want an example in performance? On MyISAM tables with higher, than now with InnoDB configured MySQL server saves were taking for me 2 minutes. After changing to InnoDB it decreased to 30 seconds- kool? Then there was added the binary storage :p

I have a problem with binary storage and due to that I was editing db. I saw I had MyISAM instead of InnoDB. I've decided to change it.

After all, database restorage took several times more time, starting up the server was also much slower due to optimizations performed on start-up. Not taking into account storage's weight as it's not issue here and rather doesn't matter. Accidentally, I hadn't looked at saving time. Should it be like this or it's like that because of default mysql config (localhost)?

Back