• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Doubting 9.6 servers?

Tala probably doesn't release a 9.6 because it would maybe hurt shadowcore's players amont, his server was 9.6 since it was released

This is not true. Unfortunately, I'm one of few who is actively sharing my work with the community, and I don't really ask anyone for anything in return (you could see requiring OtLand premium for the private subversion access as indirectly asking people to support OtLand, but that's it). I'm not even going to mention the people that go to the Marketplace board when they have a script they want to "share", I just hope I can delete that board one day without seeing people complain about it.

If I wanted to be the only server with 9.6 I wouldn't have commited any of my changes to the private Subversion, I wouldn't have updated otitemeditor and I wouldn't have shared the 9.6 otb with anyone. I want to see OpenTibia move forward and the public 9.6 server engine release is not that far away, the last feature (offline training) is currently being tested on ShadowCores.

It actually makes me happy to see more 9.6 servers around, I really dislike how so many servers choose to stay on 8.6 (or any other version for that matter). While there are some servers with good reasons to (servers that want to bring back the old-school feeling), most of them have really bad reasons (elfbot, bad otb, etc.). Pretty much everyone who was going to play on ShadowCores before the launch asked us to make it 8.6, but we refused to, the server barely had 50 players online when it started, was being DDoS attacked for days, here we are three months later and still growing.

Thing is, there's no 9.6 servers and no maps either, it's much easier to make a 9.54 or 8.6 server instead....

Tala probably doesn't release a 9.6 because it would maybe hurt shadowcore's players amont, his server was 9.6 since it was released which was like 2 months ago... and a distro has yet to be released even though he has it.
And people people are mostly kids here that doesn't know C++ and therefore there won't be any 9.6 servers until there's a distro released...

Instead of saying this I would say 'thank you' to Tala for testing the distribution on his own server before it is released to the public :p

btw, this is just my point of view.

This is not true. Unfortunately, I'm one of few who is actively sharing my work with the community, and I don't really ask anyone for anything in return (you could see requiring OtLand premium for the private subversion access as indirectly asking people to support OtLand, but that's it). I'm not even going to mention the people that go to the Marketplace board when they have a script they want to "share", I just hope I can delete that board one day without seeing people complain about it.

Do it. Ot should be free. We donate to give something back. I have rarely used my privilages. I honestly don't care for them. I have never asjed for a penny for anywork i've done no matter how hard,frustrating or long it was. Others should too. Remove the cause, maybe you'd even cut down on the money hunters that make ots.

We donate to give something back. I have rarely used my privilages. I honestly don't care for them.

The existence of this Project is the reason I donate. The time and effort the team puts in is highly appreciated. As for donating and not using my privileges to their full potential, I have to agree. I haven't hosted a server since 8.42, yet I still continue to donate because I know it helps keep TFS alive. Soon though, I and many other people will not continue to add wood to the fire...the torch will burn out if others don't step in and take part. Do you think Talaturen wants to do this forever? He can't, no matter what he says. He has set a path and continues down it until he comes across someone capable of carrying on.

My time here is almost up as well. I'll be finishing College in a couple years. Do you think I want to sit on OtLand, helping people all day? Fulfilling requests by kids who aren't willing to teach themselves? Of course not. Most of you on this forum may not know me, or may not even like me, and that doesn't matter. You are here because you like OpenTibia, so do something about it. I remember when people would make servers for a GM character, not money. But society has changed also. Dollar signs are all kids see today... I'd just hate to see such potential die, for no reason other than laziness and greed, that's all.

Small change can make all the difference. ;)

Last edited:
This thread made my heart warm. Hopefully there will be more love for 9.6 servers!

Red

:) Now I'll love to see a custom map in the top 10 at least.

Why do you guys always argue over the dumbest things? :rolleyes:

---

On-topic: There is always room for success on any client version. It's dependent on your knowledge of all aspects in OT, even down to why the Brazilian player quit and what you do to impact the next who logs on. Lately, all I've seen are kids who put such little effort into OpenTibia, it's a shame. I appreciate the fact that you pointed this out to those who are too naive to see it - thank you.

You're correct, but I think that 8.6 requires less effort than the latest client does actually, I guess it's just a bad trend but it will pass eventually

Tbh though it tends to be the older members who care more about the community whereas the new users go "wow everything is provided for me, easy money". Although that may be true why do they have to exploit it. I actually wouldn't give two shits about donation ots if they all gave atleast 10% of donations back! Problem is everyone wants something fir nothing and sells nothing for something. I seriously think that real maps should be limited to donors! Atleast they give finance to the community first.

The £10 price for 3 months imo is fuckall. I can get that £10 in less than two hours pay lol. It actually sickens me to see people like "gif gif plux i want money"

Hopefully they will learn their lesson oneday.

Shadowcores is the best ots and will always be.

Last edited:
Back