• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Downgrading TFS 1.2

fipayoyo

Reaction score
As we know, there's no Object Editor for newest Tibia but there's a lot of good changes between tfs 1.0 <-> 1.2 so I'd to downgrade tfs 1.2v to Tibia 10.41 version. Basically I know programming well but not TFS environment yet so I need someone to tell where and for what have to look.

Any tips?

At this moment i changed:
  1. definitions.h
  2. comment few lines of 2FA in protocolgame and protocollogin
  3. item otb version in items.cpp
But now after select character when I'm trying to login into game Im getting "Connecting to game server".

Now I think that have to change something in ProtocolGame::login

Last edited:
the reason is because the effects changed pretty much
That's why I'd like to downgrade it, even this fix for OB doesn't work at 10.98 with is default version of TFS 1.2 so I still ask for help with downgrading.
Im stuck when my character is loaded by server but client stop at "Connecting to game server", any suggestion what next should I check?

Last edited:
That's why I'd like to downgrade it, even this fix for OB doesn't work at 10.98 with is default version of TFS 1.2 so I still ask for help with downgrading.
Im stuck when my character is loaded by server but client stop at "Connecting with server", any suggestion what next should I check?

Well it's not related to that, can you login with the default files?
Either ports closed, wrong ip etc etc whats the error code? Can you take an SS insted?

bed45b62-3b92-4760-9ac0-68d30df819b7
Well it's not related to that, can you login with the default files?
Either ports closed, wrong ip etc etc whats the error code? Can you take an SS insted?
@WibbenZ Server built from clean code works well but this after changes work but end at printing "Player has logged in.", there's no crash, just can't show game for player.

//edit
SS, after about 1-2min player has logged out.

Attachments

Last edited:

@WibbenZ Server built from clean code works well but this after changes work but end at printing "Player has logged in.", there's no crash, just can't show game for player.

Maybe corrupt files? No sure never heard of this before.
But so to make it clear;
If you don't edit spr / dat it works?
But if you do edit them it says .. has logged in but you don't login? Once again what is the error number?

Can you give OTClient a try, sometimes it prints out errors in the console that you can't see with the Cipsoft client.

Maybe corrupt files? No sure never heard of this before.
But so to make it clear;
If you don't edit spr / dat it works?
But if you do edit them it says .. has logged in but you don't login? Once again what is the error number?

Can you give OTClient a try, sometimes it prints out errors in the console that you can't see with the Cipsoft client.
At this moment I'm using normal tibia 10.41 spr/dat because I just want to change server version, nothing changed in client. I forgot about terminal, there is error but I don't now what to do with it.
Code:
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (4332 bytes unread, last opcode is 0, prev opcode is 23): unhandled opcode 0

It sounds like you might have skipped a few things here and there.

Here is an old 1041 patch I created quite some time ago: 1041 downgrade · GitHub (Perhaps it can be of some help).
Wow, I was close because I based on commits which Mark made in TFS repo but missed something, thank you for help now surely all work :)
btw: I should use items.xml and otb from 1041 or maybe you have any other tips for me after downgrade?

Last edited:
Back