• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Duplicating sprite resolution

Narzerus

Full-stack developer and old OT Developer
Reaction score
I was wondering, anyone here knows how possible it would be to edit OTClient and compile a version which reads 64x64 files and displays them as ONE tile instead of four?

Basically this would allow to improve resolution. I ask this because I'm thinking about starting an MMO and using Otserver as the engine. A big thing I would like to do is change the sprite resolution to double, I'd of course make all sprites from scratch.

Any ideas?

I'll check it out and let you know if I can do it.

What distro are you using?

I have done this before.

I didn't change the art though. I just Increased the tile size, (it messed up the walking animations, and a few other things)
You can just search for the number "32" in the OtClient Source, and see where it defines the 32 pixel squares.

I woudln't know how to change the .spr file to utilize 64 pixel sprites, but this shouldn't take more than a month of good hard work to accomplish and get all the bugs fixed.

Good Luck :)

Back