• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

E-mail provider

sn3ejk

This account is inactive.
Solutions
Reaction score
Do you know any good e-mail provider? I don't like Gmail and Hotmail because they include a lot of shit applications/features (for example: calender, drive) that I don't need. As far as I know users aren't able to disable any of them.

Last edited:
Pretty much doomed to them unless you want to host your own mail server. Spend 5$ a month for the cheapest Digital Ocean package, would work fine. :)

May I ask what the problem with gmail is? I get hotmail (Is it still alive? ;o). But ive used gmail for years and can't stop loving it, can't find anything thats "bad" about it.
Would like to know what you think is bad about gmail tbh.

Would like to know what you think is bad about gmail tbh.
Gmail forces users to use their other applications and features (you cannot disable them). I don't need them all and also I cannot disable them. I would like to have got simple, professional and clean email.

Gmail forces users to use their other applications and features (you cannot disable them). I don't need them all and also I cannot disable them. I would like to have got simple, professional and clean email.

Forced? Okay I use youtube aswell, where they log me in insted of me having to enter another email and password. Ive not been forced with anything else then that and I can probbly make them stop auto logging me in to youtube.
And gmail is if you ask me the best email provider. I had 20k unread spam emails when I used hotmails, daily I got about 5-7 spam emails. With gmail if im unlucky I get one each month. No bullshit just a simple email kinda.

What about yahoo? It's reliable and simple to say the least

You dont need to use any of the Google apps just use e-mail and you dont need even open their calendar etc and its true Gmail have no spam like other providers Im using from 2008 and maybe got few e-mails of spam

I'm not sure what you mean by forced to use their calender/drive. They're both optional. You can still upload files directly from your pc and save them to your pc instead of google drive. The calender is also just a feature, it does absolutely nothing regarding your email unless you make changes/notifications to it. If you however meant services like google+ and youtube, you can disable them. I would suggest using gmail but if you're worried about privacy or something you should just make your own mail server.

Back