• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Edit Version in Tibia.cfg

angelobodj

Lazy OT Researcher
Reaction score
Hiho,

Anyone would know how to edit the client version inside the Tibia.cfg file?

iukd.png

I guess it can be done somehow because I saw a server who managed to change it, but I can't find the version number inside the .exe throught hex editor.

Any help would be really appreciated :)

this file changes automaticly depends in which tibia version you are using
when you start a new tibia it changes automaticly because its the client config file

there
35WXZH7.png

but its empty tho o.o

- - - Updated - - -

also if u check this
Version %d.%02d
in the exe, i think %d.%02d refers to something or somewhere or so where it gets the version from ;p and not the exe itself?

- - - Updated - - -

%02d means "format the integer with 2 digits, left padding it with zeroes",

also if u check this
Version %d.%02d

Isn't that to handle items weight?

Anyway have a look at this, so you can see how this can actually be done:

Inside their client:
fTe7CGz.png

Then, in their cfg file:
ezBzbFL.png

(It says 320 instead of 330 here, but you see that they managed to edit it...)

This is the server I'm talking about: SpiderOT

You can download the client and test it yourself, cause I couldn't find anything on it by myself :$

What you see in the client info, is a line you can change, it doesn't change anything. It's just a text. It doesn't matter. You can write whatever you want :p

What you see in the client info, is a line you can change, it doesn't change anything. It's just a text. It doesn't matter. You can write whatever you want :p

I know you can edit the client info with an hex editor, but how would you edit the version in the cfg file? That is what I don't know how to change, but I showed you that screenshot of SpiderOT server, to show you that the cfg version can be edited.

Back