• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ editing ground tile broke it

Arkemis

Reaction score
TFS 1.3 (Nekiro Downgrade 8.6)
cip Client 8.6

So I tried to wing it myself, and edit an item. I learned by digging through the forum that i had to edit .dat and items.otb. No problem. Edited the water tile to be unwalkable in both, compiled the .dat and .spr, but when i load RME its still walkable, and it doesn't auto-border at all anymore. Is there something else I have to do to enable this? Did I miss something in my research?

1631940611206.png
Post automatically merged:

Apparently it is being changed and its been working the whole time, RME just isn't giving it the unwalkable tinting. It functions as intended. And this will serve as a lesson to be sure to test completely before reporting a problem.
Dont know why the auto bordering stopped, but i can work around that.

Last edited:
Did you actually move the updated items.otb into RME's data files? And are you loading the updated client dat/spr?

Solution
Did you actually move the updated items.otb into RME's data files? And are you loading the updated client dat/spr?
Yes, RME just doesn't add the red tinting to the unwalkable tile I made, but it is unwalkable in-game so all is good. How to mark this as self-solved...?

Post automatically merged:

Apparently it is being changed and its been working the whole time, RME just isn't giving it the unwalkable tinting. It functions as intended. And this will serve as a lesson to be sure to test completely before reporting a problem.
Dont know why the auto bordering stopped, but i can work around that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered that I was wrong in my initial assessment of this issue. I hadn't moved the changed .otb file into RME. I had a fundamental misunderstanding. The tinting works now. Changed solution to give proper credit.

Back