• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Eliade's Mapping Thread!

Eliade

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a pretty new mapper, and only got started (and hooked!) on it about two months ago after I wanted to help map in the server I play, Etherbank. I'm hoping that by posting here, I can get some wonderful advice on how to improve, and to end mistakes I may be making while mapping! I don't have much to show right now, but I guess I'll go chronologically!

Red Mountain Thing that will lead to underwater cave!

nLb2Y.png

The ship is supposed to be a makeshift airship (which would be how the player gets to the island!) but I'm not sure what I am supposed to add to make it more so.

ckj5e.jpg

Here's the mountain part! I was hoping the player could go up the ramp, and then levitate up (can players do that with red mountain tiles?), and then go swimming (the water is walkable, but I know that it will look a little strange since the grass overlaps with the water. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?) and then jump down the waterfall to the hole/whirlpool below! The whirlpool will lead to the underwater cavern, but I haven't really started on that yet.

Other random things that were just for fun in order from newest to oldest

yek6v.jpg

IZ6B4.jpg

MTeKL.jpg

(This one might be used in a quest I really want to make!)

fTHRv.png

(A part of this floating city that would also be involved in the quest!)

f2rAq.jpg

As you can see, I have a lot of ambition but very very little experience/skill. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

i like boat on first pic,rest looks nice but too spammed and
i think u use auto-border what looks horrible

pictures looking pretty decent but a bit too spammed imo, also you have some nice ideas but some of them don't make sense.
ice in a jungle?, also i dislike the waterfalls in one of the last pictures, they can be used there but they need to be better placed.

But nice maps if these are one of ur first ones i see a good future for u if u keep working.

keep it up :)

Looks great Eliade! Even without taking into account how new to mapping you are these are very nice pieces.

@hehemidu- she is making floating islands. The ice is supposed to be clouds xD

Last edited:
Huh, I've got to say you inspired me with some of your pics. I would love the first pic if only this mountain was closer to the ship and there were no empty spaces (you can add a little of grass borders and maby some plants to make it look more interesting). I'd allso add some swamp plants on the ground/water borders on the screen with the boat. And you place too much trees, try to replace some of them with smaller bushes. AND SWITCH OFF YOUR AUTOBORDER - I know it's taking alot more time to make borders with raw, but the results are much better if you can do it. I see also that you like to mix different grounds but be carefull not to exaggerate - this last pic looks horrible.

I see lots of potential in you, keep it up :D

Thank you guys! I really appreciate all the advice :D

@Decrik - I learned about the no-autoborder rule just recently, so I'll be sure to keep it off from now on!

@hehemidu - Thank you! I agree about the whole spamming thing - how do you know when to stop adding stuff to a map? D:

@Orky - Yay Orky! You inspired me to post here :D

@no1 - Wow, I'm glad I could inspire you, especially someone with your mapping experience and skill! I'll move the ship closer to the mountain and add those swamp plants like you suggested. And I'll be sure to SWITCH OFF MY AUTOBORDER! ;D Thank you!

One thing I was curious about and think it maybe looks just a tad better is if you put item id 6757 up against the straight-line edge of the waterfall as it passes through the clouds. Anyways not sure if you'll like how it looks but figure I'd shoot it to you here since msn won't let me offline message D':

Hey Eliade, Its Justin, You're really good!. I bought a new computer and havent been able to get Tibia to work, i finally got my proper graphics drivers and im gonna come back to TNT :) cant wait to see u all. Miss ya, GM satan

Wish you'd come back and map with me :) Well, I think I'm going to make a little jungle cave based on yours :D

Back