• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Ello Me server crashing

Lbtg

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
ello otlanders my server is crashing by rondom time .
and then server crash i get "SEGMENTATION FAULT"
how i can fix this ? please help me

i dont getting any errors on console server working fine and every rondom time server went off and i got message "Segmentation fault"

i dont understand.
i using linux Ubuntu so then server crash i enter code "gdb theforgottenserver"='run" and after that type command "bt" ?

is posible that attack speeed crash server ?

please help

Last edited by a moderator:
@Up:
Do as I told you, execute the commands I posted in my first post in order to check what's crashing the server.

I'm willing to help if you're willing to try. 'nuff said.

then server crashed i typed on linux "bt" and it was saying command now found .

PLEASE HELP ME

is psosible that my server is hacked and then i have opened Putty and another guy opens it , so crash happaneds ?

then server crashed i typed on linux "bt" and it was saying command now found .

PLEASE HELP ME
ok, ok, ok, first of all, begging for help is not going to do any good. Explain yourself better and try to do things your own, don't expect others to do everything for you. Now that being said, go to the folder you're tfs is in, normally by using the following command:
Code:
cd path/to/your/tfs/folder
Once there, execute the following command to prepare your server to be executed via (not exactly "via GDB" but let's just put it that way) gdb (GNU Debugger):
Code:
gdb theforgottenserver\ or\ wathever\ name\ your\ executable\ file\ has
...a long msg should appear. Now execute the following command in order to run TFS:
Code:
run
...wait till it crashes, and then execute:
Code:
bt
this command should had printed a bunch of stuff. Post them here and i'll try to tell you what's wrong.

Simple as that.

is psosible that my server is hacked and then i have opened Putty and another guy opens it , so crash happaneds ?
Not really. Linux is made to run a high amount of users without any problems at all.

Last edited:
consoleur.png

this is then i try execute command gdb theforgottenserver .
meyby we can use teamwiever and you will see.

i using Putty to run server

consoleur.png

this is then i try execute command gdb theforgottenserver .
meyby we can use teamwiever and you will see.

i using Putty to run server
install gdb:
Code:
apt-get install gdb

#Edit:
a recommendation: don't run TFS as root. Make a different user just for it.

Last edited:
ii instaled it ,runed server, waited for crash

and here it is Screenshot then server crashed crash bmp

mhm
i have changed game.cpp and tile.cpp to another ones abit bigger files.
i will look if it crash or no if crash i show game.cpp 4591 line Thanks for trying help me

mhm
i have changed game.cpp and tile.cpp to another ones abit bigger files.
i will look if it crash or no if crash i show game.cpp 4591 line Thanks for trying help me
Ok, try to compile the server with "-g" compiler flag for a better report. If you don't know how, tell us which version of TFS you're using.

do this:
cd /path/to/sources
./configure --enable-debug --enable-mysql --enable-sqlite --enable-server-diag && make #--enable-server-diag is optional
after it's done move the binary to /var/tfs via this command:
mv theforgottenserver /var/tfs
then run what Migxxx told you few posts above

dont understand with ./configure --enable-debug --enable-mysql --enable-sqlite --enable-server-diag && make #--enable-server-diag is optional
tell with commands

edit: here is picture then i try do commands you told
crash2i.png

Last edited:
Back