• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Embarrasing!!- Am old...i thought Snapchat was Instagram..and it's not!?

victoriarish

Reaction score
I don't know where i have been but when it comes to social media..i am sometimes out of the league. I just love to take some very many selfies for Facebook :D:D
Anyway, so the other day my youngest sister was telling me to get add her on "snapchat".
Last time i checked, i thought this was the same name for this thing called instagram?

This is quite embarrasing but maybe i am not the only one here who has zero clues about this???
I love to take selfies but please can someone explain to me what this Snapchat is and how it works ?
I don't want to directly ask my sister because out of the 4 older sisters she has, she thinks that i am the "coolest" :eek::D

Well, snapchat was unique back then, but after the owner refused to sell it to mark, he made the messenger/whatsapp/instgram all looks the same like snapchat.

So here is the thing, it's an daily story app which means ur photos and the 10 sec videos lastes for only 24 h then it's gone, you can choose to auto save them in story section, it has more filters, better than all the other apps.

You can check friends stories; but WAATCH OUT :if you took a screenshot to a story, the other person well get notification about that, so be carefull
Cheeers

Well, snapchat was unique back then, but after the owner refused to sell it to mark, he made the messenger/whatsapp/instgram all looks the same like snapchat.

So here is the thing, it's an daily story app which means ur photos and the 10 sec videos lastes for only 24 h then it's gone, you can choose to auto save them in story section, it has more filters, better than all the other apps.

You can check friends stories; but WAATCH OUT :if you took a screenshot to a story, the other person well get notification about that, so be carefull
Cheeers
Thanks for the clarification. Well, given that i was intrigued by this topic and was eager to learn the difference between this two apps, i came across this Snapchat stories vs. Instagram Stories – a comparison and it turns out that Snapchat has been around since 2011?? Erm..Where have i been?? :eek:
After reading the differences from the above article and over the weekend testing both apps out, i tend to think that even though instagram-stories currently looks very similar to Snapchat, Snapchat still has better interface and unique/cool filters which i think was the reason why it got famous in the first place. Plus speaking of filters...Snapchat’s Dog Filter allows you to become a dog by placing virtual dog ears and nose on your head and face, and if you open your mouth, a virtual dog tongue comes out of your mouth and makes a Slllrrrrppp noise! Ugh. How cool!!!:D

Back