• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua End expected on Npc

Hokku

Reaction score
Hello Otlanders, i was fixing this script for TFS 1.1 and after some changes the console tells me that:

debug.jpg

All i did atm is change some lines so the NPC can recognize vocations, i think is just put a end somewhere, i tried a lot but nothing works, any help would be apreciated, im just a newbie on Lua. Thanks.

NPC Script:

Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()        npcHandler:onThink()        end

local voices = {
    { text = "...the arithmetical paradox has the same value in a metaphysical way, then..." },
    { text = "Oh my! Alverus!! Did you really...?!?! I have to recalculate it to make sure that I made no mistake." },
    { text = "<mumbles>" },
    { text = "...the minimum square deviation could cause a dislocation, in a matter of fact..." },
    { text = "...it could be possible to bring the sphere to a destination where..." },
    { text = "Yes, that's it! The elementary particle are corresponding to the... the ... UNBELIEVEABLE!!!" }
}

npcHandler:addModule(VoiceModule:new(voices))

local greetMsg = {
    "...if the expected constant is higher than... Hmmm, who are you?? What do you want?",
    "...then I could transform a spell to bend... How can anyone expect me to work under these conditions?? What do you want?",
    "...if my calculations are correct, I will be able to revive... Arrgghh!! What do you want?"
}

local function greetCallback(cid)
    npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, greetMsg[math.random(#greetMsg)])
    npcHandler.topic[cid] = 0
    return true
end

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
        return false
    end

local player = Player(cid)
    if msgcontains(msg, "alverus") then
        npcHandler:say({
            "It happened while he carried out an experiment concerning the creation of the elemental {shrines}. I still get goose bumps just by thinking of it. ...",
            "You need to know about the process of creating an elemental shrine to understand it completely, but I don't want to go into detail now. ...",
            "Anyway, his spell had a different outcome than he had planned. He accidentally created an Ice Overlord, pure living elemental ice, who froze him in a blink of an eye."
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "shrine") then
            "The creation of the elemental shrines is a really complex matter. They are actually nodes, locations where the matching elemental sphere is very close. ...",
            "The shrine itself is like a portal between our world and the elemental {sphere} and enables us to use the elemental energy emerging from it."
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "sphere") and player:getLevel() >= 80 then
            "There are four spheres we know of: ice, fire, earth and energy. ....<mumbles> Hmmm, should I ask or not?....The heck with it! Now that you know about the spheres ...",
            "I found a way to visit them. It's VERY dangerous and there is a decent chance that you won't come back BUT if you succeed you'll write history!!! Ask me about that {mission} if you're interested."
        }, cid)
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "mission") or msgcontains(msg, "quest") then
        local value = player:getStorageValue(Storage.ElementalSphere.QuestLine)
        if value < 1 then
            if player:getLevel() >= 80 and player:getPlayerVocation() ~= 5 then
                        "Okay, listen closely: First of all, you need to gather 20 enchanted rubies in order to go to the fire sphere. Deep under the academy, one floor below the elemental shrines, there is a machine. Put the gems in there and activate it. ...",
                        "Once you got there, find a way to gather elemental fire in any form. You will face fire elementals, that's for sure, but I don't know how the fire is stored. ...",
                        "Anyway, there should be a way to use that elemental fire and strengthen one of the elementals. If my calculations are right, you will create a Fire Overlord who hopefully will consist of some sort of 'concentrated' fire or something similar. ...",
                        "THAT'S what we need!! Are you in on it?"
                    }, cid)
                elseif player:getPlayerVocation() ~= 6 then
                        "Okay, listen closely: First of all, you need to gather 20 enchanted emeralds in order to go to the earth sphere. Deep under the academy, one floor below the elemental shrines, there is a machine. Put the gems in there and activate it. ...",
                        "Once you got there, find a way to gather elemental earth in any form. You will face earth elementals, that's for sure, but I don't know how the earth is stored. ...",
                        "Anyway, there should be a way to use that elemental earth and strengthen one of the elementals. If my calculations are right, you will create an Earth Overlord who hopefully will consist of some sort of 'concentrated' earth or something similar. ...",
                    }, cid)
                elseif player:getPlayerVocation() ~= 7 then
                        "Okay, listen closely: First of all, you need to gather 20 enchanted sapphires in order to go to the ice sphere. Deep under the academy, one floor below the elemental shrines, there is a machine. Put the gems in there and activate it. ...",
                        "Once you got there, find a way to gather elemental ice in any form. You will face ice elementals, that's for sure, but I don't know how the ice is stored. ...",
                        "Anyway, there should be a way to use that elemental ice and strengthen one of the elementals. If my calculations are right, you will create an Ice Overlord who hopefully will consist of some sort of 'concentrated' ice or something similar. ...",
                    }, cid)
                elseif player:getPlayerVocation() ~= 8 then
                        "Okay, listen closely: First of all, you need to gather 20 enchanted amethysts in order to go to the energy sphere. Deep under the academy, one floor below the elemental shrines, there is a machine. Put the gems in there and activate it. ...",
                        "Once you got there, find a way to gather elemental energy in any form. You will face energy elementals, that's for sure, but I don't know how the energy is stored. ...",
                        "Anyway, there should be a way to use that energy and strengthen one of the elementals. If my calculations are right, you will create an Energy Overlord who hopefully will consist of some sort of 'concentrated' energy. ...",
                    }, cid)
                end
            else
                npcHandler:say("I'm sorry this task is highly dangerous and I need experienced people for it.", cid)
                return false
            end
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 1
        elseif value == 1 then
            if player:getItemCount(player:isSorcerer() and 8304 or player:isDruid() and 8305 or player:isPaladin() and 8300 or player:isKnight() and 8306) > 0 then
                player:setStorageValue(Storage.ElementalSphere.QuestLine, 2)
                    "Impressive!! Let me take a look.......Ahh, " .. (player:isSorcerer() and "an ETERNAL FLAME! Now you need to find a knight, a druid, and a paladin who also completed this first task. ..." or player:isDruid() and "MOTHER SOIL! Now you need to find a knight, a paladin, and a sorcerer who also completed this first task. ..." or player:isPaladin() and "a FLAWLESS ICE CRYSTAL! Now you need to find a knight, a druid, and a sorcerer who also completed this first task. ..." or player:isKnight() and "PURE ENERGY! Now you need to find a druid, a paladin, and a sorcerer who also completed this first task. ..."),
                    "Go down in the cellar again. I prepared a room under the academy where it should be safe. Your task is to charge the machines with the elemental substances and summon the LORD OF THE ELEMENTS. ...",
                    "When you use an obsidian knife on it's corpse you hopefully get some of the precious neutral matter. It's the only way to revive my dear friend Alverus!!"
                }, cid)
            else
                npcHandler:say("You need some kind of pure elemental soil from the " .. (player:isSorcerer() and "Fire" or player:isDruid() and "Earth" or player:isPaladin() and "Ice" or player:isKnight() and "Energy") .. " Overlord. Come back when you've got it.", cid)
            end
        elseif value == 2 then
            if player:removeItem(8310, 1) then
                npcHandler:say("AMAZING!! I'm going to start immediately with the research. If it turns out the way I expect it, Alverus will be revived soon!! Here, take this as a reward and try to collect more of this substance. I'll make you a good offer, I promise. ", cid)
                player:addItem(player:isSorcerer() and 8867 or player:isDruid() and 8869 or player:isPaladin() and 8853 or player:isKnight() and 8883, 1)
                player:setStorageValue(Storage.ElementalSphere.QuestLine, 3)
            end
        end
    elseif npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 and msgcontains(msg, "yes") then
        player:setStorageValue(Storage.ElementalSphere.QuestLine, 1)
        npcHandler:say("Good, don't waste time! Come back here when you have the elemental object!", cid)
    end
    return true
end

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'job'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "How dare you asking me this?!? I'm Arkulius - Master of Elements, the HEADMASTER of this academy!!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'name'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "I'm Arkulius - Master of Elements, the headmaster of this academy."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'help'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "I have better things to do than helping you. See that ice statue over there? My dear friend Alverus needs to be revived!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'time'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "Time is an illusion and completely irrelevant to me."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'weapon'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "Weapons are for those people who aren't able to use their heads or better what's INSIDE their heads. No offence <coughs>."}) -- < Knight; FIXME !!!
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'pits of inferno'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "Yeye, I believe you almost feel like home among all those brainless creatures!"})

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "Good bye and please stay away, okay?")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, "At last! Good things come to those who wait.")
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_GREET, greetCallback)
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())
Code:

end in line 89 is unproperly used - remove it.

PS. The issue happend coz u mismatch indentations. Indentations are important in code try to keep them consistent.

Hello Otlanders, i was fixing this script for TFS 1.1 and after some changes the console tells me that:

View attachment 41450

All i did atm is change some lines so the NPC can recognize vocations, i think is just put a end somewhere, i tried a lot but nothing works, any help would be apreciated, im just a newbie on Lua. Thanks.

NPC Script:

Lua:

function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end

local voices = {
    { text = "...the arithmetical paradox has the same value in a metaphysical way, then..." },
    { text = "Oh my! Alverus!! Did you really...?!?! I have to recalculate it to make sure that I made no mistake." },
    { text = "<mumbles>" },
    { text = "...the minimum square deviation could cause a dislocation, in a matter of fact..." },
    { text = "...it could be possible to bring the sphere to a destination where..." },
    { text = "Yes, that's it! The elementary particle are corresponding to the... the ... UNBELIEVEABLE!!!" }
}

local greetMsg = {
    "...if the expected constant is higher than... Hmmm, who are you?? What do you want?",
    "...then I could transform a spell to bend... How can anyone expect me to work under these conditions?? What do you want?",
    "...if my calculations are correct, I will be able to revive... Arrgghh!! What do you want?"
}

return true
end

return false
    end

"It happened while he carried out an experiment concerning the creation of the elemental {shrines}. I still get goose bumps just by thinking of it. ...",
            "You need to know about the process of creating an elemental shrine to understand it completely, but I don't want to go into detail now. ...",
            "Anyway, his spell had a different outcome than he had planned. He accidentally created an Ice Overlord, pure living elemental ice, who froze him in a blink of an eye."
        }, cid)
            "The creation of the elemental shrines is a really complex matter. They are actually nodes, locations where the matching elemental sphere is very close. ...",
            "The shrine itself is like a portal between our world and the elemental {sphere} and enables us to use the elemental energy emerging from it."
        }, cid)
            "There are four spheres we know of: ice, fire, earth and energy. ....<mumbles> Hmmm, should I ask or not?....The heck with it! Now that you know about the spheres ...",
            "I found a way to visit them. It's VERY dangerous and there is a decent chance that you won't come back BUT if you succeed you'll write history!!! Ask me about that {mission} if you're interested."
        }, cid)
        if value < 1 then
                        "Okay, listen closely: First of all, you need to gather 20 enchanted rubies in order to go to the fire sphere. Deep under the academy, one floor below the elemental shrines, there is a machine. Put the gems in there and activate it. ...",
                        "Once you got there, find a way to gather elemental fire in any form. You will face fire elementals, that's for sure, but I don't know how the fire is stored. ...",
                        "Anyway, there should be a way to use that elemental fire and strengthen one of the elementals. If my calculations are right, you will create a Fire Overlord who hopefully will consist of some sort of 'concentrated' fire or something similar. ...",
                    }, cid)
                        "Okay, listen closely: First of all, you need to gather 20 enchanted emeralds in order to go to the earth sphere. Deep under the academy, one floor below the elemental shrines, there is a machine. Put the gems in there and activate it. ...",
                        "Once you got there, find a way to gather elemental earth in any form. You will face earth elementals, that's for sure, but I don't know how the earth is stored. ...",
                        "Anyway, there should be a way to use that elemental earth and strengthen one of the elementals. If my calculations are right, you will create an Earth Overlord who hopefully will consist of some sort of 'concentrated' earth or something similar. ...",
                    }, cid)
                        "Okay, listen closely: First of all, you need to gather 20 enchanted sapphires in order to go to the ice sphere. Deep under the academy, one floor below the elemental shrines, there is a machine. Put the gems in there and activate it. ...",
                        "Once you got there, find a way to gather elemental ice in any form. You will face ice elementals, that's for sure, but I don't know how the ice is stored. ...",
                        "Anyway, there should be a way to use that elemental ice and strengthen one of the elementals. If my calculations are right, you will create an Ice Overlord who hopefully will consist of some sort of 'concentrated' ice or something similar. ...",
                    }, cid)
                        "Okay, listen closely: First of all, you need to gather 20 enchanted amethysts in order to go to the energy sphere. Deep under the academy, one floor below the elemental shrines, there is a machine. Put the gems in there and activate it. ...",
                        "Once you got there, find a way to gather elemental energy in any form. You will face energy elementals, that's for sure, but I don't know how the energy is stored. ...",
                        "Anyway, there should be a way to use that energy and strengthen one of the elementals. If my calculations are right, you will create an Energy Overlord who hopefully will consist of some sort of 'concentrated' energy. ...",
                    }, cid)
                end
            else
                npcHandler:say("I'm sorry this task is highly dangerous and I need experienced people for it.", cid)
                return false
            end
        elseif value == 1 then
            if player:getItemCount(player:isSorcerer() and 8304 or player:isDruid() and 8305 or player:isPaladin() and 8300 or player:isKnight() and 8306) > 0 then
                    "Impressive!! Let me take a look.......Ahh, " .. (player:isSorcerer() and "an ETERNAL FLAME! Now you need to find a knight, a druid, and a paladin who also completed this first task. ..." or player:isDruid() and "MOTHER SOIL! Now you need to find a knight, a paladin, and a sorcerer who also completed this first task. ..." or player:isPaladin() and "a FLAWLESS ICE CRYSTAL! Now you need to find a knight, a druid, and a sorcerer who also completed this first task. ..." or player:isKnight() and "PURE ENERGY! Now you need to find a druid, a paladin, and a sorcerer who also completed this first task. ..."),
                    "Go down in the cellar again. I prepared a room under the academy where it should be safe. Your task is to charge the machines with the elemental substances and summon the LORD OF THE ELEMENTS. ...",
                    "When you use an obsidian knife on it's corpse you hopefully get some of the precious neutral matter. It's the only way to revive my dear friend Alverus!!"
                }, cid)
            else
                npcHandler:say("You need some kind of pure elemental soil from the " .. (player:isSorcerer() and "Fire" or player:isDruid() and "Earth" or player:isPaladin() and "Ice" or player:isKnight() and "Energy") .. " Overlord. Come back when you've got it.", cid)
            end
        elseif value == 2 then
                npcHandler:say("AMAZING!! I'm going to start immediately with the research. If it turns out the way I expect it, Alverus will be revived soon!! Here, take this as a reward and try to collect more of this substance. I'll make you a good offer, I promise. ", cid)
                player:addItem(player:isSorcerer() and 8867 or player:isDruid() and 8869 or player:isPaladin() and 8853 or player:isKnight() and 8883, 1)
            end
        end
        npcHandler:say("Good, don't waste time! Come back here when you have the elemental object!", cid)
    end
    return true
end

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'job'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "How dare you asking me this?!? I'm Arkulius - Master of Elements, the HEADMASTER of this academy!!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'name'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "I'm Arkulius - Master of Elements, the headmaster of this academy."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'help'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "I have better things to do than helping you. See that ice statue over there? My dear friend Alverus needs to be revived!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'time'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "Time is an illusion and completely irrelevant to me."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'weapon'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "Weapons are for those people who aren't able to use their heads or better what's INSIDE their heads. No offence <coughs>."}) -- < Knight; FIXME !!!
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'pits of inferno'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = "Yeye, I believe you almost feel like home among all those brainless creatures!"})

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, "At last! Good things come to those who wait.")
Code:
Lua:

local voices = {
    { text = "<mumbles>" },
}

local greetMsg = {
}

return true
end

return false
    end

}, cid)
        }, cid)
        }, cid)
        if value < 1 then
                    }, cid)
                    }, cid)
                    }, cid)
                    }, cid)
                end
            else
                return false
            end
        elseif value == 1 then
                }, cid)
            else
            end
        elseif value == 2 then
            end

end
    return true
end

Lua:

local voices = {
    { text = "<mumbles>" },
}

local greetMsg = {
}

return true
end

return false
    end

}, cid)
        }, cid)
        }, cid)
        if value < 1 then
                    }, cid)
                    }, cid)
                    }, cid)
                    }, cid)
                end
            else
                return false
            end
        elseif value == 1 then
                }, cid)
            else
            end
        elseif value == 2 then
            end

end
    return true
end

You are wrong. You did not read the structure of OP's code. Your change will mix condition responsible for different talk topics with condition responsible for checking Storage.ElementalSphere.QuestLine status.

You are wrong. You did not read the structure of OP's code. Your change will mix condition responsible for different talk topics with condition responsible for checking Storage.ElementalSphere.QuestLine status.
Mb, i didn't read the whole script i just focused on the elseif statement with the condition because the interpreter expects an end to each else block at line 115. Thanks for your clarification.

end in line 89 is unproperly used - remove it.

PS. The issue happend coz u mismatch indentations. Indentations are important in code try to keep them consistent.

Thanks, solved

Now it reacts, but still got a problem, when i tell for mission its says
21:58 Arkulius: I'm sorry this task is highly dangerous and I need experienced people for it.

Im using a elite knight lvl 83 to test the script, i tried without promotion too.
this is the part related to this

Code:
        if value < 1 then
            if player:getLevel() >= 80 and player:getVocation() == 5 then
                    }, cid)
                elseif player:getVocation() == 6 then
                    }, cid)
                elseif player:getVocation() == 7 then
                    }, cid)
                elseif player:getVocation() == 8 then
                    }, cid)
            else
                return false
            end

if someone can tell me what is wrong would be much apreciated

You should change vocation ID checks.
player:getVocation() - returns player's Vocation object
player:getVocation():getId() - returns player's Vocation ID (number instead of object)

Back