• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

England in the Middle Ages Online! *Classic tibia*

Wezza

lua nOOb
Reaction score
I thought of making a Classic tibia, with custom classic sprites, new classic old buildings, how England was ages ago,
few lines from Wikipedia.

Following the Roman retreat, Britain was left open to invasion by pagan, seafaring warriors such as Saxons and Jutes who gained control in areas around the south east. The advance was contained for a while after the Britons' victory at the Battle of Mount Badon. The Sub-Roman Brythonic kingdoms in the north, later known collectively by British bards as the Hen Ogledd, were also gradually conquered by Angles during the 6th century. Reliable contemporary accounts from this period are scarce, as is archaeological evidence, giving rise to its description as a Dark Age. There are various conflicting theories on the extent and process of the Anglo-Saxon settlement of Britain; Cerdic, founder of the Wessex dynasty, may have been a Briton. Nevertheless, by the 7th century a coherent set of Anglo-Saxon petty kingdoms known as the Heptarchy had emerged in southern and central Britain: Northumbria, Mercia, East Anglia, Essex, Kent, Sussex, and Wessex.

Job application thread:

http://otland.net/f61/england-middle-ages-online-87681/

Sounds good, but what would you do to make that possible?
Tibia is medieval as it is, and as i read, i think your story more of as a modified client. Else, what do you have in mind?

Sounds cool, i had the very same idea, creating Sweden as a map with the 3 main towns and shit, i know where to place good spawns that would fit sweden and would suit tibia.

Wich client will it run under? 7,4?
Wich version "feel" will it have? 7,1-7,4?
How will the XP system work? Will there be some staging or like the glory days? 7.1-7.4?
How are you going to host it?

What do you mean with modified sprites?
I would love to see more modified and cosy furniture sprites.

Anyway, im kind of intressted of working with an OT this summer, but would like to discuss some principels and "guidelines" how we will work and what goal we should have.
If we agree you can count on me!

I got some basic programing skills, visualbasic tough but im a quick learned and i belive i easily could adopt to C++ or w/e language OTs writen in.
I could also map, and i have so cool ideas about quest/quessystems, not the usuall basic, go there, pull the lever kill the dragon get the loot, more kind of story quests, where the player has to travel around towns and NPCs and and talk and investiagte shit and get into a story, i have roleplaying backround when i was a kid and its more that kind of quests i want.
At the same time the the player get a feeling of the NPCs and the world, the NPCs and the world stops beeing faceless sprites and becomes something more and atmposherical.

some ideas i thought about aswell is just basicly copy the numbers of spawns from real tibia, like, new map, but the same spawns if you get what im saying.
somewhat keeping the ballances from old tibia but with a new better look.

Jaja, i will remember to drop by here and see if you replyed.
I know if u just organize and plan an ot you could do something really good.

Back