• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Entering Spriting World

With paint it really helps to have an extra few pixels of space on the width. On spare areas, put down about 12 different yellow shades of pixels starting from a dark/brownish gold. Then do the same for all colours you want. This is called a colour board. It helps alot when shading by using the colour picker to get those colours.

Try to avoid placing same shade in a space where it connects 3 or more of them. I.e. maximise it at 2 joining each other.

Hope this helps

Here, recoloured the serpent sword (Used more natural darker colours and, tried to reshade the hilt, hope it looks better!)

3FkHRV.png -> -G6mQz.png

It's better.. But i'm still not feeling it. That's just my opinion tho.. But good job anyway you're improving fairly quickly which is a good sign! Keep it up

It's better.. But i'm still not feeling it. That's just my opinion tho.. But good job anyway you're improving fairly quickly which is a good sign! Keep it up

Thanks GhostX! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another sword I made in about 15 minutes!

Cv166O.png

Shading on the blade is pretty good, your handles/hilts are very hmm boring/mild/standard idk i wouldn't say boring but i can't think of another word :p try something original and unique :)

Hi.
Shield shape looking good but color's sux ;/
Armor template looks horrible, try something other and try to learn more about shading, just check on some cool items how they are shaded.

Your newest sword's looking really good.

CHECK this out!
PIXEL ART TUTORIAL

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys! Here, recoloured the Ruby Shield..

8i3zPl.gif -> lAhtGe.gif

And remade my katana remake xD

hRpM2U.png -> Ln4RU.png

Now I take some time in making a colour board to be more organized while trying to shade the sprites. Personally, I'm really happy with this two images. (May need some improvement, there's always a room for it!)

Shading of blade is way better!
Only color of and holding place a little too dark.
You are going on good way.

Shading of blade is way better!
Only color of and holding place a little too dark.
You are going on good way.

Thanks Geza! I'm really trying to improve, I'll gain experience with the time..I'm basically starting with this n_n

So this is are ALL the sprites I've created so far, I'll Improve some of them when I have the knowledge to do so. Anyways, here they are:

1) Ruby Shield

First try:
Kj-GiM.gif

Second try:
MSk0Iu.gif

2) Blazing Armor

First try:
hvENZv.png

Second try:
EjE89Z.png

Last edited:
Ramirow edit existing tibia ones til you get pespective right it helps so much