• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Error player configuration on client 12

Polperia

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I have a problem with my server, once someone log into his character, it load main configuracion, so if he adds some extra panels, and logout, he must put them again, open backpacks...

I have been searching for a solution, but nothing...

If you have any idea that can help me to solve it, please comment it below.

Thanks...

Solution
First I'll go through what the issue is, then I'll give an easy way to solve it.

If you go to the Tibia 11 characterdata directory (on Windows you will find this at %LocalAppData%\Tibia\packages\Tibia\characterdata\), you will see that every subdirectory is a numerical value that corresponds to a character; this is your first clue. If you start up your server, be the first character to log in, setup your client layout, logout, shut the server down, start it back up, and be the first to log back in (with the same character), you will see that your layout is how you left it; this is your second clue. The folder name/number corresponds to each character's player ID, and most OTSs give each character a "unique" (not that unique because...
First I'll go through what the issue is, then I'll give an easy way to solve it.

If you go to the Tibia 11 characterdata directory (on Windows you will find this at %LocalAppData%\Tibia\packages\Tibia\characterdata\), you will see that every subdirectory is a numerical value that corresponds to a character; this is your first clue. If you start up your server, be the first character to log in, setup your client layout, logout, shut the server down, start it back up, and be the first to log back in (with the same character), you will see that your layout is how you left it; this is your second clue. The folder name/number corresponds to each character's player ID, and most OTSs give each character a "unique" (not that unique because it's just an incremented value, but unique enough) player ID every time they log in.

So, for example, if a player logs in to a character and is given the player ID of 1 then the client will save their configuration in the characterdata directory under a subdirectory named "1". If the player logs out of that character and immediately logs back in before another character, they will be given the player ID of 2 and the client will try to find the corresponding characterdata subdirectory that matches "2". Since it doesn't exist, the layout gets "reset", and the player has to set it again.

The easiest way to solve this is to get rid of the auto-incremented player ID and just use the GUID that is unique to each character and stored in the database. This ensures that each character is still given a unique player ID, but is also consistent between log ins and server saves so that their previous layout is restored.

Solution
Back