• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ Error: Unable to load spells.xml!

Fitch

Reaction score
What could be the issue? I go to load up the server and I get;

:: Loading spells.xml... I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"c:usersadamdesktopextremeotsspells/spells.xml"

Error: Unable to load spells.xml!

Thank you!

Windows/Linux?

Seems like path is incorrect. Keep in mind windows is using backslashes while other systems arent (forward slashes). Try to get manually to your spells.xml file and copy exactly path

I have actually rectified the Spells issue - now I have a secondary issue ... smh lol

:: Checking Database Connection... Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP ADDRESS HERE' (10061)
I've tried port forwarding - using my ipconfig IP and my "whatismyip" IP and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I have actually rectified the Spells issue - now I have a secondary issue ... smh lol

:: Checking Database Connection... Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP ADDRESS HERE' (10061)
I've tried port forwarding - using my ipconfig IP and my "whatismyip" IP and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.
just change the ip in config.lua ( in tfs file )
find this lines and change it to this
mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
mysqlUser = ""
mysqlPass = ""
or add localhost or 127.0.0.1 in mysqlhost in config.php ( in your aac files files )

just change the ip in config.lua ( in tfs file )
find this lines and change it to this

or add localhost or 127.0.0.1 in mysqlhost in config.php ( in your aac files files )

So, I'm having a hard time figuring this out for some reason.. I appreciate your help - I'm just gonna pass.

Thank you!!

Back