• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Error When Compiling TFS 1.4 Downscale for 7.72

Jeaux

Reaction score
First time compiling and the one error I'm getting is 'C1083 cannot open include file 'boost/asio.hpp' no such file or directory'.

I researched a bit, but I'm pretty newbie when it comes to this so this was all I found. I'm just not sure where to find boost/asio.hpp

Thanks in advance.

review the vcpkg install part, and libs part, if any of these steps failed, the compilation will not succeed
They didn't fail, but I suspect my issue has to do with needing an older Visual Studio version. Just not sure where to go from there at the moment.

They didn't fail, but I suspect my issue has to do with needing an older Visual Studio version. Just not sure where to go from there at the moment.
visual studio 2019 or 2022 are fine, your problem is that boost lib seems to not be installed, did you install the correct one? for example:

- install the x64 libs and on visual studio select release and x64

visual studio 2019 or 2022 are fine, your problem is that boost lib seems to not be installed, did you install the correct one? for example:

Went back and installed boost-asio specifically and a lot is going on in powershell so I'll check back later XD
Post automatically merged:

I went from 1 error to 65 errors x.x
Post automatically merged:

So what I did to fix this was go back and individually install each item instead of copy/paste the entire install string. Compile completed, and now I'm back to having no idea where to go next. On to the next solution!

Last edited:

Hi, I was able to compile the source but when executing the .exe it does not open and shows no signs of errors. what can happen? at the end of the compilation it throws me an error that is about the CONFIG.LUA

@Evil Puncker

Back